need a river or creek suggestion

B
bigsteel
so i want to head out this week to somewhere new for some trout,,,anyone got some ideas,,i prefer a river or creek with camping????

troutdude
troutdude
Go hit the Alsea for some bluebacks my friend. And stop at Mitch's Two River Fly shop on your way, and pick up some Borden Specials (the fly in my Avatar). They were developed specifically for bluebacks on that river.

B
bigsteel
Alsea huh,,,,is there camping down there

M
Mike123
If your campin at Blackberry bring your big fly rod too. Right next to the boat ramp is insane with coho..

troutdude
troutdude
Hot pink Rooster tails will knock the Ho's in the head.

Good suggestion Mike, I forgot...cuz Biggie likes dem trout.

B
bigsteel
thanks guys,,i might have to check the alsea out,,i fished by the hatchery once but never tried the main river,,,,,,COHO on the fly rod would be sweet

L
lilsalmon
Mike123 said:
If your campin at Blackberry bring your big fly rod too. Right next to the boat ramp is insane with coho..

I'm there.....thanks Mike. :dance:

F
fishtales
Keening Creek Campground if it is open and fish the Wilson if the water level is good. There is good weather on the way for the next 3 or 4 days I think.

T
TTFishon
It looks like you have it figured out but if you want to get away from the crowds you could hit the Davis Arm at Wickiup. It should be a nice looking stream by now full of huge bows and browns.

troutdude
troutdude
Isn't that arm @ Wickiup closed now?

M
Mike123
If you and Rose go campin there I just might pop in and sleep in my car or something. haha.

T
TTFishon
troutdude said:
Isn't that arm @ Wickiup closed now?

Shouldn't be. You're thinking of the Dechutes Arm.