Need a drift boat buddy

Looking for someone willing to jump in the boat drift boat. Haven’t been rowing all that long but have had no problems on the Elk, Sixes, Coquille, and parts of the Alsea. The Coquille is the home waters.
I’m rowing a 16’-61” Pavati. Open to all types of fishing and open to traveling to different water as long as you have been down that particular stretch. Thanks

Looking for someone willing to jump in the boat drift boat. Haven’t been rowing all that long but have had no problems on the Elk, Sixes, Coquille, and parts of the Alsea. The Coquille is the home waters.
I’m rowing a 16’-61” Pavati. Open to all types of fishing and open to traveling to different water as long as you have been down that particular stretch. Thanks

I’ve rowed the elk and sixes. If you’re comfy with them, the Sandy and Clackamas will be no sweat. Can’t speak to others but I will recommend buying frank amatos Oregon river fishing book that details all Oregon rivers, their fish runs, launch locations, river difficulties etc. incredibly useful tool if you are looking to run multiple rivers and you are unfamiliar.

Oregon River Maps & Fishing Guide, (Revised)

Here is a link to the book. Though I buy mine for sts.com to support local fisherman rather than a national bookstore...

Southpaw

Wow, nice boat. Might be the first time I've heard having trouble getting someone on the boat, usually there's a waiting list

Last edited:

Southpaw

I’m still relatively new to Oregon (4th year) and being a stay at home dad means I don’t get a lot of chances to meet other non toddlers. Bahaha
Completely understand. Haven’t floated much myself as its new to me as of last year. Currently only have an inflatable, I won’t be much help this year for coastal rivers but have experience on summer run rivers. McKenzie, Willamette, and Middle Fork Willamette. Adding more as I go and just do research and go for it. Agree its best to not go alone for safety reasons, and my boat is pretty easy to walk anything I’m not comfortable with, but haven’t happened yet. I just do some scouting and also talk to fly shops as they usually guide most rivers that a currently “hot”. Doesn’t hurt one of my friends owns a fly shop and is also a guide so I feel his info is legit. Even if you don’t fly fish the shops are always helpful with any hazards you might encounter and routes to take. Good luck!

markasd

(y) Most rewarding job on the earth. I've been around - snowboard industry for a grip, pipeline rehab and few other misc not worth mentioning.. stay home dad has been great. Just wish Id started a few decades sooner.. lol
A little far south for day trips, if I get down that way I'll look you up prior and make a trip..

(y) Most rewarding job on the earth. I've been around - snowboard industry for a grip, pipeline rehab and few other misc not worth mentioning.. stay home dad has been great. Just wish Id started a few decades sooner.. lol
A little far south for day trips, if I get down that way I'll look you up prior and make a trip..
I’m down for road trips as well.

Completely understand. Haven’t floated much myself as its new to me as of last year. Currently only have an inflatable, I won’t be much help this year for coastal rivers but have experience on summer run rivers. McKenzie, Willamette, and Middle Fork Willamette. Adding more as I go and just do research and go for it. Agree its best to not go alone for safety reasons, and my boat is pretty easy to walk anything I’m not comfortable with, but haven’t happened yet. I just do some scouting and also talk to fly shops as they usually guide most rivers that a currently “hot”. Doesn’t hurt one of my friends owns a fly shop and is also a guide so I feel his info is legit. Even if you don’t fly fish the shops are always helpful with any hazards you might encounter and routes to take. Good luck!
Man I’m at bare minimum as far as need for help. You got a rig? Then you’re in. Lol. You wanna fly fish? Let’s do it.

Let's talk. I'm in Roseburg and have been exploring the coquille system a lot. Planning on taking the kid to the south fork on Saturday but work takes me through there a couple times a month. We should get together. My boat or yours.

Let's talk. I'm in Roseburg and have been exploring the coquille system a lot. Planning on taking the kid to the south fork on Saturday but work takes me through there a couple times a month. We should get together. My boat or yours.

Text or call 541.915.3097. I don't get on here very often so I might not see a reply.

Holy cow does Saturday look fishy! I mean really fishy good sir. You should be able to get into them pretty good Saturday. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get on the water until Monday, but I’d like to meet up with you on Saturday I’ll send you a PM with my phone info.