NE Oregon backpacking trip

H
hendrixfan
Went backpacking last week in NE Oregon and thought I would share a couple pics of the bull trout(which were released of course), and rainbows that we caught:

P8140946.jpg

P8150976.jpg

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
Nice fish!

C
chris61182
Very nice indeed! :clap:

Troutski
Troutski
Very nice fish...

Very nice fish...

That's a great fish... gotta love those Char for a fun fight in moving water. Very respectful Rainbow with it...congratulations on the double.:clap::clap:
I must admit I haven't been to NE Oregon...just not enough time - to much water to fish:cool:
Thanks for the pictures and the post..

Chuck

J
JeannaJigs
Makes me miss the NE. Anyone on here ever fish the Wenaha? It's terrible to get to, but man, some of the most beautiful fish I have ever caught (all released to grow even bigger) Caught a few rainbows and a couple bulls in that little river. This post makes me want to go back up there, amazing place.

H
hendrixfan
Jeanna named that river in two fish pics!!!!

You are right, never easy to get to and the rattlesnakes were everywhere this year, but there is always something nice about being in the middle of nowhere with good fishing.

In case anyone cares, this was my first time fishing the Fireline Crystal and it worked great. I didn't lose a single spinner, I straightened a few hooks out but didn't lose a thing, and the fish could have cared less about it.

Here are a couple more pics:

P8140958.jpg

P8160983.jpg

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Ha! Right on. Man I was in there in July about 3 years ago, they had a humongorious fire going on in Hell's Canyon, so we had to change our plans. Lots of rattlesnakes then too, all over the bank in the rocks, it was no bueno, I don't do snakes, but I took some anxiety meds and got my line wet, probably the same place. I will never ever forget that road in and out. 105 degrees and I got a "flat". My other pictures of that trip were on my old laptop which died with a fried hardrive, so I don't have any of the fish, but oh they were beautiful fat fish.

A
adambomb
I also have switched to Fireline Cystal in the 8lb. I LOVE IT!!