Nasty teens & stinky skunks

S
Spydeyrch
EDIT: I just realized that the title says "stincky skunks" when it really should read "stinky skunks". My bad on the "stinky" typo. Hahahaha sorry. :rolleyes:

Ok, so yesterday was an ..... ummm :think: ..... interesting day.

After a somewhat stressful day at work, I got home and told my wife that I was taking 1.5 or 2 hours to go down to a little creek to de-stress myself via fishing. Best way to de-stress. :D

So I grabbed my waders, 3wt, vest, and shot off to the creek. It is about 10 mins down the road from me. I previously caught a nice 10" cuttie there so I wanted to see if I could get him or another one again.

I got down tot eh bridge, went around it and got into the water. I slowly worked my way up the creek. I was doing really well at keeping my ripples down and not making any noise. I mean I was going super stealth here. I even snuck up on a great blue heron and it didn't see or hear me!!

So I had been in the water maybe a total of 30 mins and had only gone like 75 yards from the bridge. But the creek bends and turns and the brush leans over the water so the bridge wasn't visible from my location anymore.

Any who, as I started approaching a nice little beaver pool, I saw a white little flash out of the corner of my left eye but it was up on the bank. I slowly turned my head to the left to see what it was. There on the bank, about 7 feet up, next to a large tree was a girl, maybe 16 or 17, pushing perhaps 18 years old but no older. She was umm ....... :think: ...... how shall I say this? She was in her birthday suit!! :shock: And she hadn't seen me!!

I noticed that she had a companion. A male about 20 or 21 but no younger than 19 years old. He was in the process of getting into his birthday suit. I quickly turned my head to the right. I didn't want to stare!! :naughty:

I didn't know what to do. Should I hide myself and let them do their thing, perhaps getting a free show? Or should I scare them off? I guess that what I did next is a tribute to how much I love fishing ... plus it is the right thing to do!!!! I don't want to see some teen and adult getting their mumbo on. That is just wrong!!! :naughty: Plus I was there to fish and NOTHING!!!! was going to keep me from doing that. So I tried to be decent about this.

I acted as if I hadn't seen them, loosened the drag on my reel and started to strip line off of the reel as fast and hard as I could, all while slowly walking up stream still. The stripping of the line off of my reel made the reel go into a spinning craze which caused it to make a zipping and zinging sound. This sound and my movement alerted the girl who let out a small, quiet but subtle squeal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her grab her clothes and take of down the trail to cover herself up again. The male, started to re-clothe too and started to collect their items.

As I worked my way up stream, I saw that they had a blanket laid out on the ground. It was old and dirty with what looked like car oil stains on it. I had my glasses on :cool: and was looking out of the corner of my eye. I also saw that they had booze and umm ..... lets just call it "other paraphernalia". The male leaned up against the tree, sipping a can of something, looking at the trees and birds. Acting as if nothing was going on, as if he was alone, and like he hadn't seen me.

When I saw their dirty blanket, I thought that perhaps they lived there and were actually going to take a bath to get clean. I though that I should offer to give them a fish if I catch one. But then I saw all the other stuff and decided not to.

I made my way past their little site and worked my way up stream. About 5 mins later, my wife called and said that she needed me at home. I told her I would be there soon. I kept working my way up, casting and fishing.

After about another 15 mins, I reeled in and set off for the car. I hadn't seen a single fish rise nor had anything on my line. I got skunked!! :mad: First time in months man, and dude, does it stink!!!! :shock:

As I waded back down stream, I went over to where the couple was at. The male was gone and so was all of their stuff. I remember that I had seen them in the parking lot in their car before I hiked down to the river. He had a mullet kind of a hair style and the long ends around his neck line were dyed bright red. They were driving an older, what appeared to be 80's or early 90's VW Rabbit with bumper stickers all over it. Well, when I got back to the parking lot, their car was gone too. Hahahahahaa :lol:

Serves them right for trying to do stuff in a public location!!! :naughty::rolleyes:

So I did the right thing and scared them off but I got skunked!!! But still, I was able to de-stress myself which is what I was looking for in the first place.

Crazy, nasty teens!!!

-Spydey

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to keep your eyes open and your dignity at the same time. :clap: I wonder if the fish took OFF for the same reason. Unfortunately,I'm willing to bet they will be back.:rolleyes:

J
jd15
its dumb teens like that that give us teens a bad name

B
bigsteel
sounds like you saw joe dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Spydeyrch
Raincatcher said:
I wonder if the fish took OFF for the same reason.

That is what I am blaming my skunk on!! hahahaha :lol:

Raincatcher said:
Way to keep your eyes open and your dignity at the same time. :clap:

Thank you! And you know what, that is what it is all about: Keeping one's dignity and not taking advantage of others. :D

I am glad that at the end of the day, I could arrive home with my head held high and tell my wife what happened and not be ashamed of it. It allows us to keep an open line of trust and communication, which is crucial for any relationship to thrive. :cool:

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
bigsteel said:
sounds like you saw joe dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha. :lol: I hadn't even thought about it until you mentioned it but yes, kind of reminds me of Joe Dirt!!!

-Spydey

R
RunWithSasquatch
:whistle: Leave it to an OFF member to be creepin in the bushes...:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
RunWithSasquatch said:
:whistle: Leave it to an OFF member to be creepin in the bushes...:lol:

:lol:

G
GDBrown
Makes me proud to know you even though we have not met in person. Thanks for reinforcing what decency is all about.

GD

S
Spydeyrch
GDBrown said:
Makes me proud to know you even though we have not met in person. Thanks for reinforcing what decency is all about.

GD

Thanks GDB, I appreciate the compliment. :D

I just hope that that young lady has some caring parents and were worried about where she was at, who she was with, and what they were doing. I know that I would if my daughter (who is now 3 but next year will be a teen (time flies for parents!!)) went and did something like that.

My dad used to tell me that if I ever messed around with drugs, fooled around with a girl, whether I got her pregnant or not, or was arrested, that he would haul my butt off to Alaska and we would live in a cabin for at least 2 years, living off of the land. He said it would teach me what life is really about, the importance of good earnest honest hard work and not to take for granted what I had.

I now say that to my wife about our kids!!! hahahahaha :lol:

-Spydey

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
I stumbled into a similar scene on the Salmon River up by Welches when you could fish for steelhead up there. I was sight fishing for steelhead with a friend. We were walking along the path next to the river looking for fish. We came around a corner and right in the path next to the river was a couple. I won't go into detail but I don't think that was a fishing rod she was working on. We just said hi and kept on walking. I was thinking maybe they should have found a spot away from the path. We were using Teeny nymphs that day.;)

Reactions: idahojeff
B
bigsteel
Irishrover said:
I stumbled into a similar scene on the Salmon River up by Welches when you could fish for steelhead up there. I was sight fishing for steelhead with a friend. We were walking along the path next to the river looking for fish. We came around a corner and right in the path next to the river was a couple. I won't go into detail but I don't think that was a fishing rod she was working on. We just said hi and kept on walking. I was thinking maybe they should have found a spot away from the path. We were using Teeny nymphs that day.;)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

M
metalfisher76
lmao, teeny nymphs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
DYJ
sounds like they should've found a more secluded spot

B
BobbiDollPDX
Come on, in all those smooshy novels my mom was always reading, yeah, my mom, they always went down to the lake, river, creek, whatever body of water was close by for canoodling.

It's romantical.

R
RunWithSasquatch