Name this fish???

P
Phil_Bud
1 character

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
It looks like a chinook, but i look at the gumline and it appers to have a some white/grey from what i can see, hard one to tell. ima go with chinook. If the gumline was white/grey it's a coho.

B
beaverfan
Hmmm that fish looks like a Shaniqua.

Yeah what he said, if it had a white gumline it was a ho, if not then its a nook.

P
Phil_Bud
Yeah I wasn't there it was my buddies who caught it. just curious.

T
tnffishman
it looks like a coho to me

E
ehm
thats a coho

brandon4455
brandon4455
coho

C
Chedster
Better ID a fish before you kill it! Can't tell if that fish has a fin or not but not many places you can keep wild coho.

B
BobbiDollPDX
beaverfan said:

LOL'ing over here.

brandon4455
brandon4455
click on the photo and zoom in you can see white on the lower gum.

T
Troutier Bassier
beaverfan said:

Nonono, Shaniqua's thrive in Southern California around the Compton area..

Looks like a Coho to me.

J
JeannaJigs
People, people, people...know how to ID a fish before you give it the wood shampoo!!! No excuse for not knowing which species is which before hitting the water. Plenty of info in the reg book, you know, that thing they give you with your license...it's not just good for starting fires, its loaded with invaluable information. Also, there's a million posts on here and ifish and other websites

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
People, people, people...know how to ID a fish before you give it the wood shampoo!!! No excuse for not knowing which species is which before hitting the water. Plenty of info in the reg book, you know, that thing they give you with your license...it's not just good for starting fires, its loaded with invaluable information. Also, there's a million posts on here and ifish and other websites

good point. i think there is a sticky that say "difference between coho and chinook" in salmon fishing section

T
Thuggin4Life
Looks like 75% sure a hoho. next time i go trouting without a salmon tag i'm gonna keep a big uniddentified fish i just say i didn't know officer.

troutdude
troutdude
I can't see any better, even when zooming in. But, it looks like a HO.

And Chedster, Jeanna, Thuggin and others are quite right. If a game warden quizzes you, and you reply "I don't know what it is officer"...BAM! You get a ticket.

Just saying.........

R
rippin fish lips
troutdude said:
I can't see any better, even when zooming in. But, it looks like a HO.

And Chedster, Jeanna, Thuggin and others are quite right. If a game warden quizzes you, and you reply "I don't know what it is officer"...BAM! You get a ticket.

Just saying.........

yep if i was there i woulda knowin it was a ho right off the bat.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
HoHo LOL!

T
Thuggin4Life
Man i really want some hostess all of a sudden.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Man i really want some hostess all of a sudden.

I'm telling little Debbie.....

M
Moe
JeannaJigs said:
Plenty of info in the reg book, you know, that thing they give you with your license...it's not just good for starting fires, its loaded with invaluable information.

BOught my license at DIcks and didn't get no book with it........