Name of knot

P
poomero
So I can't remember the name of the know I am trying to look up so maybe you can help. The knot is to tie my leader to my main line and the knot makes the line, line up straight. You start the knot by holding both ends pointing toward one and other. Then you loop the lines and twist the loop over the line. I can't remember what you do from here and I can't remember the name to look it up. It's not a surgeons know or a double uni and I am at a loss. Any help would be awesome

bass
bass
Is it an Albright or Alberto Knot? That is what I use to attach braid to mono (or fluorocarbon).

If you are talking about joining mono to mono then perhaps you are referring to a Blood Knot (that is what I use for that situation).

P
poomero
bass said:
Is it an Albright or Alberto Knot? That is what I use to attach braid to mono (or fluorocarbon).

If you are talking about joining mono to mono then perhaps you are referring to a Blood Knot (that is what I use for that situation).

It's non of those unfortunately. I know there are a ton of knots I can use but this one is driving me crazy not knowing

Last edited:
bass
bass
Sorry none of those were the one. When you find the name please post it. I am intrigued.

00Swede
00Swede
I don't know what knot you are describing but this video on the GT Knot popped up in my Youtube feed last year and I have been using it ever since.
Easiest to tie and has not failed me yet.

Reactions: LazyBrewer
A
Alan
Nice video! Thanks

P
poomero
00Swede said:
I don't know what knot you are describing but this video on the GT Knot popped up in my Youtube feed last year and I have been using it ever since.
I've never seen that one but I like it. Thanks for sharing

P
playhooky
00Swede said:

I typically use a double uni-knot for this application but after experimenting between this GT Knot and the double uni, I may be switching over. Seems the GT is just a fuzz smaller profile knot than the double uni. Thanks for the post.

bass
bass
I have not heard of the GT knot. I will have to give that a try. I don't use the FG because I find it just too hard to tie with lighter lines (10lb braid to 8 or 10 lb fluorcarbon). That is why I use the Alberto. I have not had that know fail and it is really easy to tie. The GT looks really easy as well.

Thanks for posting that!

my2labs
my2labs
deleted post. I was confused on the knots

my2labs
my2labs
bass said:
I have not heard of the GT knot. I will have to give that a try. I don't use the FG because I find it just too hard to tie with lighter lines (10lb braid to 8 or 10 lb fluorcarbon). That is why I use the Alberto. I have not had that know fail and it is really easy to tie. The GT looks really easy as well.

Thanks for posting that!

I tie the FG knot when I’m prepping the rods at home. Usually takes multiple tries but is so worth it when one seats nicely. Far superior to cast than any other I’ve found.

but... to your point, I double uni on the water. Faster and works fine for a day if I lose my original leader on my metal rod.

Reactions: bass
bass
bass
my2labs said:
I tie the FG knot when I’m prepping the rods at home. Usually takes multiple tries but is so worth it when one seats nicely. Far superior to cast than any other I’ve found.

but... to your point, I double uni on the water. Faster and works fine for a day if I lose my original leader on my metal rod.

I tied one once that was nice but most of the time the ones I tied were iffy looking at best. I gave up, even at home :)

Casting Call
Casting Call
As high angle rope rescue tech. (SRT 2) I see lots of potential for a knot passing connection if tied with same size ropes. Figure 8 pass threw in combo with a chinch knot. May be my goto if all load test works out. Thanks for your inquiry. Tony