N Santiam anyone??

C
capblack
has anyone been having any luck on the N Santiam yet?? theres quite a few people fishing by and on the bridge in Mehama today, they must be coming up the river.

K
Kodiak
one or two

one or two

There are a few fish around...just starting to trickle in. Not really worth the time but you never know. I would try John Neal park with jigs, maybe just above the bridge in lyons. The slot below the old rail road bridge on the south side produced a couple about a week and a half ago with pink jigs. With the numbers coming over the falls it is hit or miss. I would try the boat ramp at jefferson, the push of summer fish that came up should be cruising by any time.

C
capblack
isn't it hard to fish from the ramp in jefferson from the bank. seems to me when the water is up like it is, the slot is 70 or so feet off the ramp side of the river, unless you wade out aways. I havent been down that far in years. The railroad bridge on the south side, are you talking about Buell Miller landing? theres a nice spot there if you hike down river aways. havent had any luck there yet this year. or are you talking about the S fork?

K
Kodiak
J town

J town

The slot in Jefferson is 10-15ft in front of the boatramp, especially when the water is high, in fact the higher the water the closer to the bank you want to fish!

C
capblack
thanks for the information, I may have to hit the boat ramp with a jig one of these days. Is there anymore good spots down low that are accesible, I only know of buell miller, greens bridge, and jefferson. I dont know of any spot on the mainstem thats fishable from the bank other than the jefferson boat ramp, maybe at I-5.