Mystery of the missing dollar.

O

OnTheFly

Three fishermen on a two week fishing trip called it quits for the day and decided to get a good nights sleep in a hotel. They wanted to save money so they decided to get one room and split the cost between them. The desk clerk gave them a $30.00 dollar room so the cost for each of them was 10 bucks. Later, the desk clerk noticed that he had made a mistake in the rate and the room was actually a $25.00 dollar room not 30. He then sent the bell hop up to give the guys a 5 dollar refund. Each guy took back one dollar then gave the bell hop a two dollar tip. So now the three fishermen have paid 9 bucks a piece which adds to 27 dollars, plus the two they gave to the bell hop that makes 29................What happened to the other dollar??????:think:

H

halibuthitman

the dollar isn't missing, the nine bucks a piece is miss information, they paid 30, 5 was returned, they took a buck a piece and gave the bell hop 2... they are square

O

OnTheFly

the dollar isn't missing, the nine bucks a piece is miss information, they paid 30, 5 was returned, they took a buck a piece and gave the bell hop 2... they are square

Are you drunk posting again?;):D

T

the_intimidator03

3 people splitting 25 dollars evenly is $8.34 roughly. add in a dollar and you get 9.34 per fisherman. so multiply that by the 3 fisherman you get 28.02 which leaves you the 2 dollar tip for the bellhop. the reason for the odd change numbers is because i dont feel like typing exact amounts so i rounded up. 8.34 is actually 8.33333333333334 but we dont chop up cents. Just like at the pump for instance 2.69 and 9/10ths of a cent... you actually pay 2.70

The important information: 30 dollars initial 5 dollar refund. each fisherman taking 1 dollar of refund and 2 dollar tip to bellhop

H

halibuthitman

how about this one=
if a dog runs into the woods... how far can he go?

T

the_intimidator03

not enough information for the speculative such as A. is he on a leash. B is that leash teathered to anything C. is it a wood fence etc, we could also note breed of dog as well

O

OnTheFly

OK how 'bout the one about the woodchuck......explain THAT one!!!!!

H

halibuthitman

not enough information for the speculative such as A. is he on a leash. B is that leash teathered to anything C. is it a wood fence etc, we could also note breed of dog as well

one is to assume any conditions not mentioned do not exist... the dog is free,.... but if it helps he is a democrat with a b.a from wsu enjoys backgammon and has a strange afinity for peppermint ice cream.

T

the_intimidator03

one is to assume any conditions not mentioned do not exist... the dog is free,.... but if it helps he is a democrat with a b.a from wsu enjoys backgammon and has a strange afinity for peppermint ice cream.

LMAO I hate assuming but I do it a lot. But I will side with anatoliy for the answer.

Btw OnTheFly.... WHAT woodchuck? I know nothing about a woodchuck, Also does my answer justify your inquisitions to your question

M

Markcanby

I am sure I'm wrong but he only run in the woods as far as the woods go?

M

Markcanby

Hey we are on the edge of our seats here HH:lol::lol:

O

OnTheFly

LMAO I hate assuming but I do it a lot. But I will side with anatoliy for the answer.

Btw OnTheFly.... WHAT woodchuck? I know nothing about a woodchuck, Also does my answer justify your inquisitions to your question

hey...you're not that guy from the TV show Big Bang Theory are you?

H

halibuthitman

You mean the answer didn't get accepted as the correct answer? Damn, I was so happy that I cracked that one.

Then 'till the middle. Then OUT of the woods.
you are correct sir! the answer is half way... then he is on his way out again:D

Admin

Admin

Admin
How about this one: Seats on a bench, speaks French.

H

halibuthitman

ok... so, technicaly.... can two midgets give each other a "high" 5?:shock:

Top Bottom