my wife, the fisherwoman

T
tomriker
took the ol' lady out for a quick trip for about half an hour and on her second or 3rd cast she caught this one with her custom built pink rod by Ryan808
IMG_2336.jpg
it was only 4 and ahalf pounds THEN she got this like 3 casts later
IMG_4283.jpg
a pesky 6 pounder. and her again trying to "fresh" with said fish
IMG_4900.jpg
and finally she got a little guy
IMG_8025.jpg
not bad for half an hour of work! i got 3 too but not as big as hers! thanks Ryan she LOVES her pink rod

S
sherman
Hey TR it doesn't get any better than that. A wife that loves to fish & will even handle what she catches. The only thing mine will fish for comes out of a mall store. But thats okay I love her anyway because she has no problem of me getting out of her hair to go fishing.

C
colbypearson
great fish! its wierd how some of the fish especially the big ones have those sores on their gill plates might be something to keep an eye on/look out for... awesome TR!

T
tomriker
What do you think those sores are all about?

R
ryan808
Nice fish.... TR I can't believe you put her in the back of the boat;), just kidding. :lol:. She might be the 1st one to pull a 10+ out of your place.

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
What do you think those sores are all about?

at first i thought it was a coincidence but how it reocurrs so often on them especially the big ones i really dont know man, we need to keep an eye on it and look around for what it could be.

T
tomriker
Have you ever seen it anywhere else? And thanks Ryan and I wouldn't be supprised if she does

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
Have you ever seen it anywhere else? And thanks Ryan and I wouldn't be supprised if she does

maybe in a picture here or there but never really anything that has made me go hmm. lol.

T
Texas Basser
I've seen this on LMB caught in TX. Perhaps a result of being caught - at some point coming in contact with the line.... Do you see this more during the spawn or pre-spawn? Maybe that has something to do with it...

brandon4455
brandon4455
in fp's report from january theres a fish in there with that same exact thing.

T
tomriker
from what i read on that website it says it's most noticable in the spring/fall and that is when i see it. and then in the fall i see it too

this is the last paragraph from that website "Many game fish affected with red sore disease will recover without treatment. Fish heal very quickly, and sores will disappear rapidly once the recovery process has begun. Fish that have sores are still acceptable for human consumption as long as the damaged area is removed when the fish is cleaned and the meat is thoroughly cooked."

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
nice fish!!!!

C
colbypearson
it just catches my attention that it is such a frequent thing you know?

T
TTFishon
I noticed those sores last year too. Some of the fish have algae growing on the sores and it seems like most of the fish I've seen with the sores have been caught out of the north end of the pond. BTW, nice fish!!! Nothing like a good time fishing with the wife. :)

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice bass Your wife caught there looked like she was havin fun at least not bored way to go!

N
Noahk
Great fish! She's making you look bad!

K
Kevinb5688
My girlfriend would love one of those pink rods, mind telling me where/ how much? You said it was coustom. But if the person needs buisness send me there way

T
tomriker
Kevinb5688 said:
My girlfriend would love one of those pink rods, mind telling me where/ how much? You said it was coustom. But if the person needs buisness send me there way

Ryan808 on the forums made it, was very reasonably priced, less than i'd have had to pay for one of those crappy shakespear pink ones

H
Hawk
Right ON.
Beautiful Fish Mrs. TR.
Great Job.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

I've seen where some ponds have a turn over every so many years. Some fish die.:(