My shrimpies

F
fish_4_all
Well they are not small jigs but I think they look at least a little bit like a sand shrimp. They are on a 1/8 #2 jig head. They have come along since the first 2 but the last little section needs to be tighter still. Is hard to keep the crochet tight on a downward slope. It wants to separate and not turns out quite right.

Shrimpbellytailcollection.jpg

1aB
Can you glue a bead on the shank to lock in the tail end of the wrap?

F
fish_4_all
Not sure what you mean? The tail end is tied in with thread, the tie off is at the head. I suppose a bead could be used at the tail but I guess I am just not sure what you mean.

O
Oregonchris
Tell ya what....they look like shrimp to me!!!! You might want to post them on the "Eat your Bait?" thread.:D:D

1aB
F4A, I might have misunderstood, thought you had a problem with the wraps separating downhill towards the hook bend. Thought an afixed bead could act as a stopper as well as adding an attractive accent.

F
FishFinger
Those look sooooo good. Nicely done!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good looking

Good looking

Even Charley Tuna would munch those! :dance: Pretty cool and convincing,too. :clap: :D Be safe.
Barb

F
fish_4_all
The lace likes to slide down in the front but I understand what you mean now. Not a bad idea really. Could add some color I need in the pattern that way. Would be a good way to get some yellow in them since sand shrimp have a nice yellow streak in them anyway.

Thank you all for the compliments. I have worked really hard perfecting this pattern and I think once I have tied enough of these I will get them looking even better. I think with this response I will have to get a hundred or so of them done so I can see how they will sell. It is bad that it takes so long to make them or I would have a lot more done a lot faster.

F
fish_4_all
I am not sure they are eat your bait worthy yet. Still need some improvement to make them more realistic. Getting close though.