My new personal best trout(@ Wickiup of course)

T
TTFishon
Me, my wife, and the pooch, hit the road to Wickiup late Monday morning and found a good camping spot around noonish. The area looked pretty bassy so I set up camp, grabbed the bass pole, along with the bait of confidence, and started fishing the shore line. Only saw one bass and it wasn't too interested in my bait but, interesting enough, I had a big brown follow my bait almost to the bank. So I quickly walked back to camp and switched to a rapala and slowly fished my way back, sadly with no luck. Went back to camp and fished a threaded night crawler for a while and drank lots of beer. Woke up Tuesday morning, grabbed my steelhead pole rigged with a rapala and started fishing the bank at camp. On about the fifth cast I felt a slight bump paused for a second then reeled a couple of cranks, then gave a couple of twitches and wham, fish on! Right away I could tell it was a big one. This fish pulled quite a bit of line before it decided to show some acrobatic skills. It came flying out of the water four separate times but couldn't shake the hook. My net was at least a hundred feet away sitting in my boat so I tried to get it up on the bank the best I could but the fish wasn't giving in so I fought it to my boat around some weeds, grabbed my net, and scooped it up. I ran up to camp to get a quick measurement and a couple of pics before I decided to release this beautiful majestic brown at 27 inches. Not sure what it weighed but if was a fat fish. Took me a minute or so to get it revived but once I did it swam freely back to the depths of good ole Wickiup.
I only got three pics so I could get the fish back in the water.
This pic was taken while I was trying to decide if I should keep it or not 100_4146.jpg
My wife took this pic after I decided to let it go 100_4147.jpg
And this pic was taken as I was running back to get it in the water 100_4148.jpg
And here's a couple of random scenery pics along with a dirty doggy pic. 100_4171.jpg
100_4150.jpg
100_4166.jpg

Reactions: mahmichael and eggs
F
Finneus Polebender
Wow!!!!!!!! what a monster way to go TT!

S
Santiam338
Thats as pretty a brown as I have seen...Congrats..

M
Modest_Man
Good of you to let it go!

E
eggs
Hellllll yea man nice fish!

T
TTFishon
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get back up there!

Reactions: JeannaJigs
troutdude
troutdude
Gonna have to change your screen name bro...to...

TTHawgOn!!!

NICE!

P.S. Love that place. It has been far too many years since I've been there.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get back up there!

I am being made a believer , may have to tag along next time, that is one fine lookin trout!

J
JeannaJigs
Hell yeah! I want to get back up there bur probably won't happen this summer :(

R
RunWithSasquatch
GOOD FISH! nice work

M
Moe
Thats a very nice fish,congrats! True sportsman to let a hawg like that go!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
WOW... that fish was like my prom date... a real fatty but pretty! and a release as well, you deserved that fish.

B
bigsteel
awesome fish TT,,perfect colors

S
sherman
Way to go TTBROWNFISHON.

T
TTFishon
Thanks again guys/gals!

H
Hawk
Bro, this is a Beautiful Brown...
Well Done with the release.
Great Job.
Looks like y'all had an Awesome Adventure & made some memories.

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:D:D
:cool::cool:

L
lilsalmon
Nice fishy TT!!!!!

T
TTFishon
Thanks lilsalmon!

C
colbypearson