My new drift boat

E
eggs
10' Clackacraft Don Hill..

She isn't the biggest but should be fun for 2 or 3 on a drift and up to 4 on the lake..

2010-01-23%2012.22.24.jpg
2010-01-23%2012.21.58.jpg

:dance:

Getting rod holders mounted, oar locks and anchor setup and picking her up saturday morning.. Also picking up a 55lbs kota for the lake, a couple seats, a couple clamp-on rod holders, and a new trailer to put her on..

She won't be taking on the rapids below Dodge on the Sandy, but should be fine Oxbow down and handle most of the Clack.. maybe even some lazy coastal rivers.. She will spend a lot of time at Harrett Lake and up in the Olallie area this summer..

:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Congratulations

Congratulations

:clap: :clap: Good for you! That is a great lil boat,should keep you out on the water for hours on end. :dance: :dance:

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats cute little guy. No seriously nice looking boat lets see the finished product.

O
Outdoor_Myers
if you dont mind sharing how much does a lil fellow like that cost?

E
eggs
Outdoor_Myers said:
if you dont mind sharing how much does a lil fellow like that cost?

This was my first boat so I wanted to start out small.. also don't have a pickup to tow something big... it cost me 1395 band new with oars, oarlock, rod holder, and anchor setup... brand new trailer was 400. Things I will buy closer to trout season are seats, battery, troller will be another another 300..

Last edited:
O
Outdoor_Myers
eggs said:
This was my first boat so I wanted to start out small.. also don't have a pickup to tow something big... it cost me 1395 band new with oars, oarlock, rod holder, and anchor setup... brand new trailer was 400. Things I will but closer to trout season are seats, battery, troller will be another another 300..

so 1795 including trailor? or is the trailor included in the 1395? sorry im a little confused lol. Now I wonder if you can use a boat in the willimina pond

E
eggs
1795 for boat and trailer..

O
Outdoor_Myers
now i know who I can copy :p could a boat like that handle the willy? near wheatland crossing or whatever its called?

E
eggs
Not sure about the water your talking about but I wouldn't take this over anything highr then a class 2 rapid. For a 14 foot clackacraft look to shell out 4g's plus trailer.. total around 5500 but they are nicer, more add ons... live wells and in boat rod storage stuff like thatb... upgrade will come in time and money.. also clackacraft has 100 year warrenty even due to rocks.. they make well built fiberglass drifters.

Last edited:
A
adambomb
If you ever need some help rowing that little beauty, send me a PM and I'll call you captain!!

O
Outdoor_Myers
eggs said:
Not sure about the water your talking about but I wouldn't take this over anything highr then a class 2 rapid. For a 14 foot clackacraft look to shell out 4g's plus trailer.. total around 5500 but they are nicer, more add ons... live wells and in boat rod storage stuff like thatb... upgrade will come in time and money.. also clackacraft has 100 year warrenty even due to rocks.. they make well built fiberglass drifters.

do they have a website? Im poor and will prob be dealing with the willy and ocean rivers ponds and lakes.

E
eggs
Clacka.com but don't know if they have pricing on site

K
kfallscody
Nice magic carpet :). The only other thing I would add is a good life jacket that is comfortable to wear all day, especially when rowing. You want one you can and will want to wear the entire time you are in the boat. Yeah, I probably sound like a preacher or something but oh well. :)

Just remember, the life jacket does you no good if it is not on you and is instead flowing down the river in the current when you need it most. :) Just saying...

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet magic carpet

Sweet magic carpet

That is a very cool set up, you are in for some very nice memories. Tight lines..remember life jackets float - you don't..

Chuck

E
eggs
yea I have a really nice Wakeboard life jacket that is nice and thin and light(isn't CG approved but keeps my head above).. but yea i will be buying some lifejackets saturday to take care of others on board..

A
Anyfishisfine
Sweet ride, now you just need a new fishing reel ;)

E
eggs
Thanks for reminding me.. i rigged it up but it isn't working right(shaft is lalittle to long) the handle wants to fold up.. need to shim it until i can get a new reel... I think i have a fix for it..

H
Hawk
That's a Reel nice boat BRO.

Catch some biggun lunkers...

:lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool::cool:

:clap::clap::clap:

B
BlackTalon
Nice boat

Nice boat

I was on one very similar to that on a trip down the Umpqua for smallmouth bass a few years back. Lot of fun and it handled very well. Enjoy.

Evan

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Twin to eggs' boat

Twin to eggs' boat

If anyone is interested in getting one like eggs' there is one for sale on highway 22 toward Dallas just before the Independence/Monmouth turn off at an awning shop on the north side of the road. Haven't checked the price,but can if anyone is interested.