My luck changed!

T
tomriker
wife went to the fair today so i went fishing for a few hours... started out i was just going to fish off the dock a bit and see if i got anything. well i cast a few times, no luck. then cast over by a down log in the water and thought i had a bite, but then i figured naw that's a log... finally got the line to start comming up a little bit then BAM strait to the bottom of the lake my line went! fought for 2 or 3 minutes decided to tighten down the drag and yank the fish in and snapped my 12pound brand new Pline fluorocarbon line! :mad: sooo then i decided to take the boat out and caught these guys! IMG_0122.jpgwas first and the biggest! my sandal is a size 13 by the way. i lost track of how many i ended up catching the this next one was probibly the average size IMG_0127.jpg
and finally what would bass fishing be without catching a tiny one on a jig that's bigger than itself? IMG_0125.jpg

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice job knew that last trip had to be a fluke ! did ya get them topwater or on the sink, was it the bait of confidence ? sounds like the first one might have been a hog!! Taking my son out with my Salmon guy tomorrow gonna chase some nooks on the Siuslaw at the crack of dawn .

T
Throbbit _Shane
I had 2 big bass break me off a few weeks back, what a terrible feeling. Atleast u still managed to bring some nice ones to the boat!

T
tomriker
thanks shane. and FP i didn't catch ANYTHING with your so called "bait of confidence" :) used my big black jigs with a piece of pork on the hooks. i still missed more fish than i landed with tubes. wife called me at 6 and said i had to come home so we could go grocery shopping, bleh so i didn't get the prime topwater time. maybe nexttime

L
lilsalmon
I have never fished for bass before but know large mouth, small mouth, etc....Feel kind of silly asking this but what is the black one called?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job!!!!! Hope you at least got to pick out your favorite cookie when you quit fishing to go grocery shopping........

T
tomriker
they're all largemouth! just differant lighting i suppose! and yes i got a special treat at the grocery store :)

S
SALTYFISH
I have had be experiences with p-line florcarbon . But regular p-line is fine.

T
TTFishon
Good job! Looks like the bite is back on. Should be good til about the end of October.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
thanks shane. and FP i didn't catch ANYTHING with your so called "bait of confidence" :) used my big black jigs with a piece of pork on the hooks. i still missed more fish than i landed with tubes. wife called me at 6 and said i had to come home so we could go grocery shopping, bleh so i didn't get the prime topwater time. maybe nexttime

Well got some new ones to throw at em ,so far they have been very effective at my private digs thinkin they will stir up some monsters your way!

M
Mike123
Let me guess... this was Pline Flouroclear?? That stuff sucks.

Nice basssss!

You didn't eat those things did you?

T
tomriker
yup, that's what it was! that is the first time i've ever had it break though! it was a little frustrating after that i swithed to my pole with the braided line on it and had a lot better luck :) i don't east bass mainly because im way to lazy to clean them and then cook them

T
tomriker
oh and POLE BENDER empty out your damn inbox i cannot send you messages anymore because it's full!

T
tomriker
made it out again tonight, was a little worried at first at all the dark and ominous clouds. this was from my front porch IMG_0134.jpg

i took my fly pole out with a worm that pretty much looked like the bottom one, and by the time i was done the top was all that was left so i decided i'd better come home since all i took out was my pole and that one worm.
IMG_0142.jpg

got acouple nice shots of the sunset atleast :)IMG_0139.png

and as i was heading back in it got nice and calm IMG_0140.jpg

it's a little harder to land em with the fly pole only landed 4 and lost a lot more

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
I had 2 big bass break me off a few weeks back, what a terrible feeling. Atleast u still managed to bring some nice ones to the boat!

its always worse when i break off a bass on 20lb line in open water as often as i do!!! watch your flouro line if it nicks its much worse than mono for nicks overall strngth is better i.m.o but the small nicks and cuts can be a big downfall i try to use flourocarbon for most of my applications