My line is going the wrong way?!?!

B
bigboy70
Well got a late start today as normal lol. decided to hit Mciver area and see what was happening get there to hear of nothing caught, besides a friends (Chez) fish. so i get on the water work the section and decided eh lets try some where new so off I went up river. Come to an area that didn't scream fish but looked alright, Hearing one of my jigs landed 3 in 2 Hrs yesturday okay lets try it work my jig through and nada at all. Switch to a spinner and ring ring its another friend calling so I answer and were talking and I cast out thinking oh what a crappy cast oh well let it ride and then start reeling in my slack, and whats this my line is going up river? lift and there tension ooooooo wham! Hookset! FISH ON!!!! thing comes flying out of the water and heads for the ocean jumps again and again everytime anxiety rose and made my butthole pucker think stay on! few mins past and get her near me and see my spinner right in the corner awesome so step in the water and zzzzzzzzzzz runs again get her back to me and see now my siwash if comin out of her eye thinking oh this fish is mine hab 17lb mono to 30lb braid on a 10-20 rod pfffft no problem. Finally after 4 runs she was tired and was able to get her on the bank and ink on the tag!

This was my first summer stealhead, first on hardware, first solo fish, and first on the clack!

Awesome freaking day also seen my buddy that showed up hook up and lost it at the bank.

will add pictures later!

B
bigboy70
there she is!!!!
uploadfromtaptalk1401585401078.jpg

caught it on Josie rod so she got photo time with fish lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsteel
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, congrats!

troutdude
troutdude
EXCELLENT! Congrats!

E
eugene1
persistence pays off!

Good work, big boy,

M
mikeee2362
WooHoo Way2Go Ethan!! Great post!!

F
FishFinger
Well done sir.

B
bigboy70
thanks everyone!!!!

D
dozer365
Way to get Er done. I can still hear that excited squeal as u hang up. I got a steelhead. Lol. Sorry I couldn't bank mine so we could double.

B
bigboy70
Lol ya man wait hang on man holy **** FISH ON !!!!! Gotta go man!!!!!!

S
steelyscout5
Nice One! I love fishing McIver, its either a jig day or a metal day though

T
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
Sometimes it really is better to just be plain lucky rather than good . Nice job and a fish story you will never forget .