My July

T
tnffishman
So on the 2nd of this month I headed out determined to find myself some springers. I wasn't dissapointed as I limited out that first trip. I spent the rest of my month going fishing on ANY free time I had, usually walking out a few miles in the dark. I never got skunked, and landed over 30 of these beautiful, hard fighting fish on my fly rod.
I am especially happy that I got my friends into there biggest fish ever, including a 21 pounder on a trout rod! He was really happy, but not to be shown up I landed a 24 15 minutes later:lol: It was also cool to see some OFFers out there and fish with them for a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice Fish!

T
Throbbit _Shane
looks and sounds like a great july! :D

R
rainbowfisherman
To not get skunked targeting salmon for a whole month is fantastic! Whenever you can get a couple of fish thats awesome but when you can continuosly ind fish everytime you go, you know you are doing the right things at the right places. Congrats man

B
bigdog
You never saw any OFFers out there you must be seeing things man.

Good job bud you have to be happy with a month like that.

C
cookshot
Sounds like a pretty decent month to me. Do you mind me asking what river you were fishing?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like an awesome month to me,great weather,great fishing and good friends,what more could a fisherman want? Congrats!!

R
rippin fish lips
nice lookin fishes! :p

F
fisherwilly
Tnffishman,

I was wondering what flies you were using. I have heard of fall chinook being caught on flies, but I heard springers are few and far between.
Thanks,
fisherwilly

M
metalfisher76
Yeah buddy!!

M
Mike123
Very nice!!

T
tnffishman
fisherwilly said:
Tnffishman,

I was wondering what flies you were using. I have heard of fall chinook being caught on flies, but I heard springers are few and far between.
Thanks,
fisherwilly

I started out using egg patterns and had some success, but then started using these dark olive colored nymphs my dad ties up and nailed em. I caught a few on some brown/orange/black flies my buddy ties up for silvers too. Small and dark was definitely the ticket for when the sun was on the water

F
fisherwilly
Thanks for the info. My uncle gave me an egg pattern that he said killed it on the Rogue for fall nooks back in the day. The nymphs makes me think about those spring chinook and their reasoning on striking them. I have seen kokanee take nymphs in their redds when they were trying to remove any debris out of them (In Colorado).

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Nice month!!! looks like I might need to try a fly rod next year:D See ya for coho season:dance: