My fishing diary: Willamette zone

davidz

Hi All,

I've been trying to keep all of my productive fishing trips posted on the LiveJournal: http://fishingdiary.livejournal.com/

The reports cover the Willamette zone around Eugene area and the coast around Florence. The Willamette river, Dexter lake, Fall Creek, Fern Ridge reservoirs are covered most extensively. Almost of all of the catch photographed and released. Days when I don't catch anything are not broadcasted.

Hope it will help people to be more productive at the rivers, lakes and ocean.

Thanks,
David

hobster

Very cool, I just started a fishing diary last year for the first time but it is in a book:)

pinstriper

I'd actually find the no-fish days interesting. You always learn something. Sometimes its a mistake you made, sometimes it's trying something new that's correct, but the fish just wasn't there. Only reading about fish that are caught would get boring to me pretty quickly.

hobster

rogerdodger;n606528 said:
a book like with paper? Wow, do they still make those?
Yes, they are hard to find but around;)

I agree with pinstriper, my fishing log started last winter and the steelhead run on my local river was horrible. There were many skunks but I took note of water clarity, depth, what I was using...........etc. each time, most everything but temp (I wlll do that next year). I think it will be good info to look back on in the future.

Hookset

Hobster I also use a paper book for my fishing diary. I log the info from everyone of my outings catch of no catch. I really believe that it has helped me.

davidz

troutdude

What kind of size, were the Dexter Trout?

BTW both bass, and crappie, were illegally introduced into that lake. And bucketmouths will work hard, at choking out other species. So feel free to harvest as many, as the law allows IMO.

davidz

troutdude;n608274 said:
What kind of size, were the Dexter Trout?

BTW both bass, and crappie, were illegally introduced into that lake. And bucketmouths will work hard, at choking out other species. So feel free to harvest as many, as the law allows IMO.
Between 16 and 20 inches I'd say. I think the one on the second picture is about 20 inches.

Yeah, I thought about doing something with the bass, but I don't think they're would be good food. Also too much work.

Top Bottom