My first steel flies.

E
everett464
So I decided to get into tying steelhead flies. These are my first three attempts. I know they are not perfect, but I'm happy with the way they turned out. Now to see if they'll catch fish. 4877641316_81c1a1ebf9_z.jpg
4877641164_c7d4a1082c_z.jpg
4877030519_55c3e2bf06_z.jpg

G
ghostcow
Look pretty darn fishy to me! Nice work.

M
meluvtrout
Nice, very nice! Now that you've got the pattern down, go for Mack's Canyon and Coal Car. :)

E
everett464
Those both look super simple; I will need some Orange something or the other for the Mack's Canyon, but what's another ten dollars on tying materials to add to the hundreds I have spent thus far.

T
Thuggin4Life
Those look pretty good man. you gonna be getting a bigger rod here soon?

F
fishnquest
I've never tied a fly in my life. Those look mighty fine to me.

M
Markcanby
Those look great! I spent a couple hunderd on tools an mats an then found Ebay an haven't tied a fly since.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Those are darn nice flies. Nothing like catching a fish on one of your own flies.

E
everett464
Thanks for all the confidence boosts; let's hope the steelhead like them as well.

@ Thuggin: I picked up an eight weight last week, and I'm dying to pop it's cherry. Hopefully on one of these flies.

Y
Yohan
Those will definitely catch steelhead. A little constructive criticism, trim back the wing so it is even with the point of the hook. To be honest I don't think the steelhead cares if you do or not, but it will look better and catch more fisherman. :D

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job! Its a great feeling catching a steelhead on something you created!

M
metalfisher76
Those are reel noyce!!

T
The Nothing
I've only thrown my flyrod once, and I still need a TON of work to get it right, but you guys sure put the itch in me.

B
bigsteel
lookin good man

J
joesnuffy
If you need some help testing them I'll be fishing the Deschutes next week....... plenty of time for you to mail some to me :p

G
GDBrown
Markcanby said:
Those look great! I spent a couple hunderd on tools an mats an then found Ebay an haven't tied a fly since.

That sounds real familiar! I've spent at least a hundred in the last year and have tied two egg patterns and that's it. I vow to repent and tie one more before the end of the year.

GD

E
everett464
The Nothing said:
I've only thrown my flyrod once, and I still need a TON of work to get it right, but you guys sure put the itch in me.

I think fly fishing can be the most intimidating after your first time out. learning to cast can be somewhat unforgiving. Get yourself back out there. Where do you live?

M
meluvtrout
everett464 said:
Those both look super simple; I will need some Orange something or the other for the Mack's Canyon, but what's another ten dollars on tying materials to add to the hundreds I have spent thus far.

That's exactly my point. :)