My first springer-finally!

H
Heavy Metal 1
I've caught plenty of salmon in the rivers in the Midwest, but never a springer here in Oregon. I had one on for about 10 seconds and lost it, had a few other bites then finally got this buck.

• springer#1.jpg
H
halibuthitman
great job! very nice fish!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Lots to be pround of right there:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice fish man! Love the i dont care attitude towards that stupid law about dispossing fish parts in the rivers. Nice blood in the background! Bet you are hooked now lets see some more pics here soon.

L
lilsalmon
nice fish!!!

S
SALTYFISH
Nice one..... just curious but what river can u keep wild springers??

J
JeannaJigs
Nicely done!

Haha Andy...

H
Heavy Metal 1
No, I didn't gut him streamside; he nicked his gill somehow ;) I cleaned him at home. I don't know why that law against cleaning at the water exists as I think the crayfish would appreciate the freebie. Thanks for the kudos!

H
Heavy Metal 1
SALTYFISH said:

Umpqua

D
Drew9870
SALTYFISH said:

A handful of coast rivers allow native retention for Fall and Spring runs, I believe the Nehalem is one, I think Siletz as well.

Edit - Oops, we were typing at the same time I guess.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Yeah, Siletz is on that list for sure.

H
halibuthitman
Thuggin4Life said:
Very nice fish man! Love the i dont care attitude towards that stupid law about dispossing fish parts in the rivers. Nice blood in the background! Bet you are hooked now lets see some more pics here soon.
for sure.. what a stupid law, after stripping the eggs every hatchery in the state dumps the carcasses into the river.. the fish that spawn die and rot in the river... the green river killer threw dead hookers in a river... wow... look at all that blood.. lets torch this guy:think::rolleyes: