My first silver, silver

P
pdxjon
Went out this morning to the lower Clack. Started fishing around 6 with some #4 Blue Foxes. A little after 7 I hooked into and landed about a 15 lber.

Years ago I caught a very dark Coho at the mouth of Eagle Creek but this is the first bright one Ive caught. Unfortunately it had an extra fin but I was more than happy to release it.

Sorry about the crappy pic but I was a little amped and I wanted to get it back into the water so I didn't think about putting my pole next to it for comparison so it looks like I took a pic of a smolt or something.

Thanks fishingfreak for the tip

4951806516_30b7016fc0.jpg

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
wow thats a bright fish,,,wheres the sunglasses

P
pdxjon
It was a beauty. I would still be there but I promised the boys that if they slept in I would take them to Salish to try for one of those trophies. So now it's trout time

F
fishingfreak
:dance::clap:Nice Freakin Job That is beautiful! Your Welcome Buddy. Good Job man! there coming in Boys and Girls.:clap::dance:

FF

M
meluvtrout
Good job, but I think that's a steelhead :)

T
tnffishman
dandy of a fish, but definitely a steely

F
fishy4
bright steelie! way to go

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
meluvtrout said:
Good job, but I think that's a steelhead :)

i wasn't gonna say nuthin . . . . . . . but , yeah .

Diehard
Diehard
nice sthlhead you be into silvers before you no gd luck

E
eggs
Great fish man!! Looks GOOOOOD!!

**I didn't want to be the first to call Steelhead**

P
pdxjon
Then I caught my first steel. It's all kind of new to me but I wish my phone took better pictures.

E
eggs
Congrats man!!

B
beaverfan
Way to go, it's such a great feeling isn't it?!?!

C
Coho Kid
Nice

Nice

Good fish for your first steelhead! My first stealhead was an 11 lb summer on the Willamette just below the mouth of the Clackamas.

P
pdxjon
Thanks everyone. I haven't caught a lot of big fish so I'm not sure of the size. I once caught a 12 lb rainbow and this seemed much bigger. I sure wish I would have got my rod in the shot.

D
Derick
What color combo was that spinner and damn nice Steelhead ya got there!!