My first Siltcoos Coho

M
mikeredding
I finally put my first Siltcoos Coho in the boat today. Nothing big but it put ink on the tag. 21" not sure of the weight, my guess was about 4lbs. There was a lot of action going on today. My wife hooked and lost a big one right after mine.

C
Chrome_Chaser
Way to go. That lake looks smoooth as glass.

M
mikeredding
Chrome_Chaser said:
Way to go. That lake looks smoooth as glass.

Yeah it was flat most of the day.

kirkster
kirkster
Now that ya got the first one behind ya. You might as well quite your job now cause thats all your gonna think about. LOL

M
Moe
Great job man!

T
The Nothing
nice work! heading that direction in a few minutes

H
Hawk
That's a reel Beauty Bro.
Great Job.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

J
JeannaJigs
Glad to see you finally got into one! Told you your day was coming! My folks got into a couple over there yesterday as well, sounds like it was a good day out there.

T
The Nothing
I'm out here right now. Lil foggy, but great day to be on the water. Not seeing any action though

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch! I searched the entire lake for fish and couldn't get one.

troutdude
troutdude
Way to go Mike!!! Nice one.

M
mikeredding
kirkster said:
Now that ya got the first one behind ya. You might as well quite your job now cause thats all your gonna think about. LOL

That's funny Kirk. It's not my first Coho but was my first on this water. Probably won't make it out again this year so I am glad I was able to finally hook up.

C
Coho Kid
Nice, I had no idea the coho action went this late on the Siltcoos

M
mikeredding
Coho Kid said:
Nice, I had no idea the coho action went this late on the Siltcoos

From what I understand it goes through November. There were plenty of fish still in the lake last weekend. I was thinking about going again this Sat but not now after watching the weather forecast.:(

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah fishes into December. Once the water temp drops below 50 though, good luck, god bless.

I haven't looked at the weather forecast...lol might want to do that. Had planned on taking my boat Sunday....

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah fishes into December. Once the water temp drops below 50 though, good luck, god bless.

I haven't looked at the weather forecast...lol might want to do that. Had planned on taking my boat Sunday....

60mph winds Sat. Very cold and rainy. Snow going over the hill to get there. I really don't want to tow my boat in snow so I think I am staying home.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh damn. I'll be watching it closely then. The weatherman hasn't been so awesome at forecasting lately, and NOAA can't predict river levels to save their lives. Will see what happens.

M
mikeredding
Well even if they are not right on I am sure it is going to be crappy. I love to fish but not that much!

J
JeannaJigs
Lol well winter fishing is my favorite. Got all the right gear so I'm comfortable :) some of my best days steelheading have been days snow is falling.keeps some of the fair weather morons at home (not calling you a fair weather moron however)

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
(not calling you a fair weather moron however)
Yeah yeah. I have all the gear too just don't seem to get into it as much as I used to. I'd rather spend the crappy weather time chasing animals.