My first on the fly!!!

M
mrlindeman
Whoo HOOOO!!! Ok so I have been fly fihing for a year now. I have yet to catch a single fish. I braved the cold. It was about 26 degrees out. My rod guides were freezing closed every 5 minutes lol. . Today I am very happy to say I caught my first trout on a fly rod!!! It felt so good. There is nothing like it. The first 2 were caught on an olive wooley bugger with shiny tinsil. The 3rd trout was caught on an ears hair nymph :) ... Heres the kicker. I used no strike indicator at all. :) So Without Furtherordo I present the trout. The biggest was 12 inches, the others between 10.5 and 11 inches.
First Catch...
firsttroutonfly.png

First with second...
2troutonfly.png

All 3 before I decided to go home...
3troutonfly.png

B
bigsteel
way to go,,theres no feeling like fighting a fish on the fly rod....keep up the good work

M
mrlindeman
Thanks bigsteel :)

V
Van
Grats Mrlindeman!

The first fish taken on a fly is special and certainly very exciting. Enjoy the feeling.

H
halibuthitman
well earned fish! you deserve them!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
That is definitely the pay off! :dance: :dance: Congratulations!! :clap: :clap:

O
OnTheFly
My wife commented on your pictures. Very well displayed. I warn you about fly fishing. It leads to chronic fly tying. An ailment that has no cure.

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
My wife commented on your pictures. Very well displayed. I warn you about fly fishing. It leads to chronic fly tying. An ailment that has no cure.

or having to buy property so you can have a shop... to store fishing crap...

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
or having to buy property so you can have a shop... to store fishing crap...

I hear ya. That could be a bit spendy especially for You. Do you think maybe a 30 x 40 pole barn might do it?:think: 1200sq. ft. That's a lot of fishing material.

B
benkearney
Congrats and welcome to the addiction, although it sounds like you are already there. Where did you catch those beauts?

M
mrlindeman
benkearney said:
Congrats and welcome to the addiction, although it sounds like you are already there. Where did you catch those beauts?

Walter wirth In Salem .. :)

I
ICamel49
Congratulations! Wishing you many more on the fly.

TC