My first on my own tied fly

M

mrlindeman

I tyed up a micro bugger and got a 12 inch trout on him yesterday. A good feeling indeed. :) :cool: Im going to try some clouser minnows next. Any one have a good pattern sudgestion to start? :) pic at end of bunny leech

Last edited:
M

markasd

Have you tied up any Rabbit Leeches? Pretty simple and very affective...

I visit here Fly Tying: Patterns to get some good ideas after being away tying for steelhead...

Its hard to explain to folks how cool it is to catch a fish on something youve tied... great feeling.

mark

troutdude

troutdude

I tyed up a micro bugger and got a 12 inch trout on him yesterday. A good feeling indeed. :) :cool: Im going to try some clouser minnows next. Any one have a good pattern sudgestion to start? :)

Tweet! er um...Sweet!

I'd imagine that such a feeling, is a tad similar to making a spinner for the first time and landing a fish. And I KNOW that feeling!

M

mrlindeman

Im gonna try to tie a pink bunny leech tonight.

M

mrlindeman

lol lol If I could borrow anything from hugh lol. Ok so I used green stripped bunny fur. I will post a pic shortly. It wont be good quality. Had to take it with my phone lol.

Ok here the dreaded Bunny Leeeeeeeech!!! Muahahahaaha. Trout Beware!
bunnyleech.png

Karen though he was cute until her finger found the hook hiding under his belly lol. lol

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

idk if leeches work for chinook but that color looks great for fall nooks

F

FishFinger

lol lol If I could borrow anything from hugh lol. Ok so I used green stripped bunny fur. I will post a pic shortly. It wont be good quality. Had to take it with my phone lol.

Ok here the dreaded Bunny Leeeeeeeech!!! Muahahahaaha. Trout Beware!
bunnyleech.png

Karen though he was cute until her finger found the hook hiding under his belly lol. lol

That is very cool. I first saw that pattern coming out of Alaska a few years ago. I don't remember if it was for Sockeye or Chinnok. I don't recall seeing any in lime green, your gonna have to give that a swim in front of a springer or two and see.

M

mrlindeman

If anything I can make him my pet. I wil call him squishy lol