My first on a dry!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Hit down low with the fly rod on the way to a friends job interview. Saw some stones a hatchin and i have a few dries .. and ive heard a steelhead will bite a dry. Well.. first cast in i get nothing it was a sloppy dead drift. second one im doing great and as soon as i drift into a shadow BAM! a trout flies out of the water with my fly in it's mouth. It was a little scrapper! . I put the fish in the brush on the bank for a pic . wasn't thinking and i was excited. so in advance heres and apology for mistreating the fish. he swam off just fine though. he took a size 12 royal stimulator in about 3 feet of water after that one got wet and would nto float (don't have floatant yet) i nymphed a size 14 bead head rubber leg prince nymph and missed a pretty good strike on that also. all in all it was a very cool trip for me :cool:

• IMAG0002.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
T
troutramp
you never forgett your first congrats.

18406ej
18406ej
Nice work Brandon!

K
Kais
Feels amazing huh, i turned and when i looked back i felt the fish on, and smiled for the rest of the day, congrats

L
lilsalmon
Cool Brandon....nothing better than seeing that trout grab your dry.....I love dry flies the best

Reactions: brandon4455
B
bigsteel
way to go brandon,thres nothin like a dry fly take.....great job

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
congrats brandon!!

F
FishFiddle
I'm impressed! Congrats!

T
TTFishon
Nice job dude!

troutdude
troutdude
Way to go buddy. U duh man!

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks everyone, the take was amazing. can't wait to do it again. my skills are definitely improving. i think ill be leaving the spinning rod home more often now.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i think ill be leaving the spinning rod home more often now.

NO...don't switch completely to the dark side!

:shock::shock::shock:

M
Mad dog
Nice Brandon!

I love when the Salmonflies and Goldens start hatching.....some of my favorite flyfishing of the year!

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
NO...don't switch completely to the dark side!

:shock::shock::shock:

not all the way, but more often. ill always have a bit of gear fisherman in me. ;)