My first low weighted spinners

U
ufl
My first setup. The French blade have copper outside and silver inside. These are for salmon and brown trout on a rig with lead rolling at the button and normal casting in a small river. What do you think? Fine with comments and advice too.

• P1010075.jpg
NWDiscer
NWDiscer
those look cool i like the black/black does the front of the blade have any red on it?

W
waco
Those are different! Never seen any like those before! But definitely fishy!I bet you gonna kill them!

C_Run
C_Run
Yes, different from what we may see here , yet, maybe not that different. When are your seasons? I think you said your salmon season closed not long ago.

U
ufl
The season ended 4 weeks ago and no salmon, but I will be ready next year. That will be my first season, yes those look different and like the idea of making my own, not just a copycat. I don't paint the black, i will try some nail paint to see how it works. I like the black for summer trout by night fishing, more visible at night, this was only my first setup, I will post more when my spinner is finish, got lots of idea, can't wait to get fishing and see how its works.

Ulrich

R
rippin fish lips
ufl said:
My first setup. The French blade have copper outside and silver inside. These are for salmon and brown trout on a rig with lead rolling at the button and normal casting in a small river. What do you think? Fine with comments and advice too.

Trout love spinners with wedding rings in the body! On the 3rd and 4th spinners think about putting a wedding ring or 2 in the middle of a couple.

U
ufl
Wedding rings? Can you please explaine or picture?

Thanks Ulrich

C_Run
C_Run
ufl said:
Wedding rings? Can you please explaine or picture?

Thanks Ulrich

Try to look up an image of "wedding ring spinner" by Mack's lures. The wedding ring is the little component in the middle of the beads that looks like a little diamond ring. I'm not sure if you can buy those, probably you could. They are commonly used for trolling for trout in lakes here.

http://www.mackslure.com/

U
ufl
Thanks C_run, looks great and i will see what i can get, seaching at UK shops. I got the "Bell" body too. Wondering if that is possible with finger nail painting, the easy way?

Ulrich

D
DYJ
Your fishing them with a lead dropper rolling on the bottom???

I am interested to see the full set up.

Boat or bank fishing?

troutdude
troutdude
I, too, am a fan of the ALL BLACK set up. I've been using all black weighted spinners, since the mid 80's. In low-light, dark/overcast, cloudy days in low water conditions--they are deadly on our Fall Chinook.

I've made some of my own "wedding ring" spinners, with a 1/2 black and 1/2 green body. They are killer for rainbow trout!

By the way, I believe that I know where you can get those "diamond rings" mentioned above. As soon as I have an answer for you...I'll post the information.

P.S. Here is one outlet. I do NOT know anything about this company. I have not done any business with them; so buyer beware. I just googled, and found them:

Genuine Wedding Rings :: Diamond Bands ::: LureMaking.com

Last edited:
U
ufl
Here is the rig im using. The spinners is "flying condoms", they is using salmon and trout fishing in UK and Denmark. Not on this rig, normal casting.P1010003.jpg

On bank fishing, small river, im not sure that is possible with boat fishing.

Ulrich

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Flying condoms! LOL

Those actually look a lot, like what some folks use for Kokanee fishing over here.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice! Did ya know you could almost drift fish this exact setup with a wedding ring tippied with worm (when legal in rivers) and slay trout on a slow day.Those look like fish cathcers

M
meluvtrout
ufl said:

Umm, bud, don't quit your day job, yet.

troutdude
troutdude
I forgot to mention that copper, is a great color for the back of the blade. In fact, one of the longest-standing and most versatile lures ever made, had a copper back. They don't anymore. But, the original model(s) did.

The Eppinger Dardevle:

Dardevle Spoon.jpg

I recently bought some of these, and can hardly wait to try them. They are ALL copper; and also made by Eppinger:

Daredevel Flutter King 1.jpg

R
rippin fish lips
troutdude said:
I recently bought some of these, and can hardly wait to try them. They are ALL copper; and also made by Eppinger:

These... are Attractive to me.