My first ever Steelhead on my first trip to Oxbow!

A
alm21
I had some time this afternoon and thinking that the bite has been a bit off for me lately, I would head out to Oxbow as I've never fished there and have been eager to check it out. I found a hole and pretty much had it to myself. I saw a couple fish roll but it wasn't looking to good. After being there for a couple hours, time was running out so I started to walk downstream to head back to my car. Of course I can't just leave. I have to make some casts on my way out (my trusty blue fox). Then BAM! Fish on! Right away I could see the chrome flash... yeessss! As I beached the fish, I was blown away. That's no Coho! That is a fin clipped steelie (yes, it's clipped). :dance: Holy smokes, I just caught my first ever Steelhead while fishing for Coho!!!! It was a gift from the fishing gods. I am still pumped over it. :yay: BTW, it was tagged too (Klickitat). I have never caught a fish with a tag. I assume I am supposed to mail it in to ODFW. Is that right?

OxbowSteelhead10-08-20102.jpg

OxbowSteelhead10-08-20101.jpg

C
Coho Kid
That's a beauty of a summer steelhead. Nice one!

F
fishingfreak
:dance::clap::clap: Thats a Nice Steelhead! Good Job man! Being patient paid off!:clap::clap:

M
Modest_Man
We were at Oxbow today, best I got was a 2lb sucker by the tail. :( Nice fish!

W
waco
that is a nice gift from the fishing gods!!! i just had one gift from them too!!! Nice fish and i think you should let ODFW know about the tag!!!

E
everett464
Awesome.

M
metalfisher76
Yeah, report the tag. Good lookin summer bud!

A
alm21
Thanks all. There's a phone number on the tag so I will call it in. Considering the tag says Klickitat, it must be a stray. Pretty interesting. It sure made for a tasty dinner tonight! Can't wait to get back out there.