My first dozen spinners.

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice trout!

L
LockettOutlet
Very nice. You should make one with chart and green. They are the best colors IMO

H
Half-Fast
There are 2 schools of thought on this. If the fish is approaching from directly behind the spinner then a contrasting paint job on the inside can be beneficial. If the approach is from the side---and many of them are--- then it's the outside surface they see. The most important thing is to have colors that contrast with the backround of your fishing conditions. Don't forgret, that backround is often the water itself.

N
nativefish
red blade is sick. why is the wire so long? and put the tape on the inside

F
FishFinger
Well done sir. Nice loops and wraps, plenty of tuning wire... +10

U
ufl
Hello
I´m a newbie and think the spinners looks great, but why have some of you a very long wire? and i have seen this on other treads too.
Ulrich

M
Modest_Man
Funny this thread is still getting replies. I've caught 4 steelhead on my own spinners (bronze/green, black/yellow, black/yellow, silver/green), and have come a long way from these first few. The long wire is so you can "tune" the spinner. After snagging up or catching a fish the wire tends to get bent, with a longer wire shaft you can easily bend it back to spin true.

I actually tied up a few last night. I've converted to a siawash hook vs. a treble. The matte silver/blue are for winter steelhead, and the black size 3 are for Rogue half-pounders. And yes that is a spey line box...but that's another story.

U
ufl
Thanks for the answers, it make sense, but first I thought that they will be “softly” with long wire. Where do you buy the “bell” body?
Ulrich

H
halibuthitman
2 year ago on the situk in Alaska, I built 10 spinners, 5 with the tape on the inside, 5 with the tape on the outside, myself and a friend fished them all day for 2 days side by side.. there was a 2 fish diffence in 22 steelhead for the tape on the outside... location of tape or color on the blade means nothing-

H
halibuthitman
those are some good looking spinners, I see you discovered the "sandy secret combo" of the matte silver with blue body... when the sun comes about.. that's the spinner that comes out.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Those are some sweet spinners and spoons

Troutski
Troutski
Very nice collection, only thing I would add is a swivel to connect to your main line. It manages the twist factor. Finger Nail polish is great for your lures, clear for the final coat.
Have a blast using your own designs, next is Spoons !!!

Thanks for sharing
Chuck