My first (crude) jig

J
JeannaJigs
It's absolutely ginormous, if it catches anything I'll be amazed lol.

F
fish_4_all
Put it in water and see what the profile does. Should be an excellent one for Coho in any kind of colored water.

J
JeannaJigs
Now see that's something I've never done, I fish jigs for nearly everything, but have never used them for Coho. We fish tahkenitch and siltcoos every fall, and it's the only time I ever run only plugs and spinners. I'm going to use jigs this year and see how it works, but with the big expanse of the lake, i'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt. They might work well on the short section of the siltcoos river above hwy 101 that is open. After I get some head cement on it, i'll toss it in the water and see what it does. It's moderately lopsided lol, kinda tilts...i don't think the fish will mind? but..I don't know. Hopefully my next few will be improved

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:

loooks fishy to me darlin'.........................................:D:D:D...................................:cool::cool::cool:.................................:clap::clap::clap:

J
JeannaJigs
well thank you sir!

H
Hawk
yer wellcome................................:lol::lol::lol:

F
fish_4_all
If you saw the first 100-200 jigs I tied you would be proud of yours! I struggled with it but I was doing it from looking at jigs and never having any instructions on how to do it. I have come a little ways since then. You are off to a good start.

D
Dichrofisher
JeannaJigs said:
If it doesn't catch fish you could use it as a nice hat decoration :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Dichrofisher said:
If it doesn't catch fish you could use it as a nice hat decoration :lol:
It could replace the one hanging from my rear-view if all else fails, startin' to fade out lol.

F
fish_4_all
If they will hit a ball of eggs the size of a racket ball they will hit that jig. The profile will become much more streamline in the water and will flare just fine.

M
mlw
Looks good to me.
Michael

J
JeannaJigs
fish_4_all said:
If they will hit a ball of eggs the size of a racket ball they will hit that jig. The profile will become much more streamline in the water and will flare just fine.

You do have a point there

1aB
Is a whopper alright, but IMO you've got a knack. That much fluff could have some dangerous attraction. Nice sparkle body - is it chenille?

J
JeannaJigs
1aB said:
Is a whopper alright, but IMO you've got a knack. That much fluff could have some dangerous attraction. Nice sparkle body - is it chenille?
the body is UV chenille I got from cascade jigs, I figure ya can't go wrong with sparkle lol. It's a biggin', might work well in murky murky water. Actually, the chrome buck in my photo album on here from 02/1/09 was caught with a jig slightly larger than this one, so, it could work.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
After I get some head cement on it, i'll toss it in the water and see what it does.

I used to use clear finger nail polish. I think it is called top coat. Cheaper than head cement and works just as good.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
I used to use clear finger nail polish. I think it is called top coat. Cheaper than head cement and works just as good.
Yep that's what someone else told me to do too, and I don't know why I didn't think of that. I have the stuff in my bathroom. It will be finding it's new residence in my little box of jig creating goodness.

1aB
If you like sparkle are you gonna flash filament accent the fibers? IMO that adds major attraction eg: the Clouser Minnow.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Pretty good

Pretty good

JeannaJigs;
I'm thinking you better make more than one. You don't fish alone all the time,right? That looks good enough that others will want a few for themselves. Pretty good from here. Be safe.
Barb

F
FishFinger
As fish 4 all mentioned, the maribu is going to fall into line and it won't appear to big at all when wet. All things considered It's a fine jig. Fish it with confidence!

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
JeannaJigs;
I'm thinking you better make more than one. You don't fish alone all the time,right? That looks good enough that others will want a few for themselves. Pretty good from here. Be safe.
Barb

Ha I've been fidgeting around and tied a couple three more, one itsy bitsy one i'm going to throw around for trout this weekend. I screwed up the black and red one, it's supposed to be red on bottom, black on top...but alas...here are the next couple i made.

sorry my camera hates me and isn't so quality.

Last edited by a moderator: