My First Cast into OFF

B

Bassket Case

Greetings, fellow anglers. I learned of this site from my buddy Webwader this winter and he told me it was a neat place. I would have to agree.

I live across the river in Vancouver and fish the Columbia, Willamette and certain lakes in Washington and Oregon primarily for warmwater species. My favorite is bass, followed by crappie and walleye.

My first experience in bass fishing was in 1981 at The Delta in California. Through the years, I have C & R'd bass in Northern California, my home state of Hawaii, NE Texas, and now, Oregon and Washington.

I rarely fish for chinook and steelhead anymore, but I do fish for kokanee and have been dabbling with tiger musky in Washington.

D

Dichrofisher

Welcome to the site. What is a tiger muskie? Do you have a any pics of them?

F

fenderbender

Welcome, I just joined recently also. I really like this site. Lots of information. I too, grew up on the Delta and fished it a lot as a kid. I have lived in S.Oregon for a long time. we have lots of ponds and lakes in that region. I fish anywhere I go. Last summer I bought a pontoon, and I LOVE IT. Been down the Umpqua a few times for smallies, down the Rogue, and to a lot of lakes and ponds. See ya, FenderBender

Troutski

Troutski

Double slam...

Double slam...

Welcome fenderbender & Bassket Case, crazy how the both of you were raised on the Delta; and ended up on OFF. Enjoy yourselves on the site and lets not forget the archives...tons of information there. Again welcome and tight lines.

Chuck

W

Webwader

Welcome, Bassket Case. Glad to see you've joined the forum and made your first post. Now post a pic of that big smallie I heard you caught yesterday. :clap:

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Adding to our family

Adding to our family

Bassket Case & fenderbender;
Welcome to the both of you! So glad you finally found us,we always look forward to adding to our family. Snoop around and make yourselves comfy. If you have questions on a body of water,gear,bait,techniques or most anything to do with fishing,don't hesitate to ask. You will find we are a friendly bunch of fisher folk who love sharing most anything. Don't be strangers here,come back with posts in any section and don't forget,we love pictures. Be safe.
Barb

Troutski

Troutski

Smallie...!!

Smallie...!!

Welcome, Bassket Case. Glad to see you've joined the forum and made your first post. Now post a pic of that big smallie I heard you caught yesterday. :clap:

Oh, holding out on us huh.....;):D

Chuck

B

Bassket Case

Thanks for the welcome. Since I'm an admitted "lurkaholic" and rarely post, I am unsure with the mechanics of attaching images, etc. I've been trying to, but am receiving an error message.

Regarding the Tiger Muskie, it is a Northern Pike/Muskellunge hybrid that does not reproduce. Washington DFW introduced them in lakes such as Merwin and Mayfield. The current state record is 31.25 pounds and it was caught in Mayfield in 2001.

Dicrofish, if you go to Welcome to LandBigFish and hit Tiger Musky, it'll show you an image and other info. Sorry I am unable to attach an image.

H

Hawk

Welcome to the family Brothers Bassket Case & fenderbender...............:D

Lustrums ago i fished the delta, sac river, camanche lake south shore, CA Aquaduct & delta/mendota canals, san luis res forebay, pajaro & san joaquin rivers, etc.
I c&r mostly lots of striped bass & catfish, etc.........................:lol::lol::lol:.........................:cool::cool::cool:

W

Webwader

Email me the picture Bassket Case and I will post it for you.

F

fenderbender

Hawk, I have read a lot of your posts. We have fished a lot of the same areas. I am looking for more information about Galesville and Lake Selmac. I fished 2 tourneys at Galesville years ago and did pretty good in the 2nd one. Fun lake to fish in the Summer.
See ya on the water, fenderbender

W

Webwader

Here is a photo of Bassket Case's 18 3/8" smallie that he caught on Sunday in the Willamette near Meldrum bar.
Mar09Smallmouth.jpg

What is a tiger muskie? Do you have a any pics of them?
Here's a picture of a tiger muskie. If you Google tiger muskie in the Images section you can see lots of pictures.
tigermuskie_tank.jpg

B

Bassket Case

Thanks for posting the pictures, Webwader. That Tiger Musky picture is neat.

Fenderbender and Hawk, I need to clarify that I grew up in Hawaii and not Northern California. However, I did a lot of bass fishing in The Delta and in other lakes such as Shasta, Clear Lake, Berryessa, Oroville, Don Pedro, McClure and Anderson. In The Delta, we usually launched out of Holland Tract Marina, which was the closest.

In Hawaii, I fished in Lake Wilson for largemouth, smallmouth, peacock bass (tucunare) and channel catfish. There are bluegill, snakehead, Chinese catfish and other species, too.

Thus far, the only lake that I fished in Southern Oregon is Tenmiles. I think that's a neat largemouth lake.

H

Hawk

Thanks for posting the pictures, Webwader. That Tiger Musky picture is neat.

Fenderbender and Hawk, I need to clarify that I grew up in Hawaii and not Northern California. However, I did a lot of bass fishing in The Delta and in other lakes such as Shasta, Clear Lake, Berryessa, Oroville, Don Pedro, McClure and Anderson. In The Delta, we usually launched out of Holland Tract Marina, which was the closest.

In Hawaii, I fished in Lake Wilson for largemouth, smallmouth, peacock bass (tucunare) and channel catfish. There are bluegill, snakehead, Chinese catfish and other species, too.

Thus far, the only lake that I fished in Southern Oregon is Tenmiles. I think that's a neat largemouth lake.

Mighty Beautiful smallie Bro........................:D

that's ok i love Kauai & the big island. My niece & two son's lived on Maui......................:D

I've fished the waterways u mentioned & new hogan, melones, tulloch, stanislaus, tuollume, san antonio, naciemiento, hunter liggett, arroyo seca, pinto lake, & more.....................:D:D

H

Hawk

Hawk, I have read a lot of your posts. We have fished a lot of the same areas. I am looking for more information about Galesville and Lake Selmac. I fished 2 tourneys at Galesville years ago and did pretty good in the 2nd one. Fun lake to fish in the Summer.
See ya on the water, fenderbender

Bro, i spend quite a bit of time exploring BLM lands looking fer new fireponds/fishin' holes.........................:D:D

W

Webwader

Hey Bassket Case, my son caught his first bass of the year today at Hagg Lake. It was 15 1/4" and beat my first 2009 bass by a little. We bow to your superior lengthliness. :lol:
JustinBass.jpg

B

Bassket Case

Webwader, good going for J. He, too, broke the ice.

The lengthliness will be short-lived, for sure. Absolutely.:)