My first Boat

S

SDfisher

Well you have to start some place and I did tonight. I picked this little boat up. It will serve its purpose for me now. The boat is a 1885 Sorenson 10' long 5' wide. The motor a 6hp evinrude 1975. Nice and clean. What do you think. take care

D

Dan Feller

I like it. Catamaran-style hulls are nice and stable and easy to beach as well.

Have fun!

S

SDfisher

??? what are the required items I will need on this boat to not get in trouble with the authorities ???

D

Dan Feller

??? what are the required items I will need on this boat to not get in trouble with the authorities ???

PFD's for everyone, a throwable flotation device, a signaling device (air horn or whistle), certificate of title, boater's card. A fire extinguisher is required if your fuel tank is strapped in or otherwise permanently installed.

F

FishSchooler

Might as well carry a signal flare if yer boat gets in trouble!

Oh, and if you use that boat for the only thing I would use it for... Poles, tackle, net, and licenses ;)

F

fishnquest

gotta start somewhere

gotta start somewhere

I love it. Starting somewhere is way better than not starting. I got my boat from my neighbors yard sale. 12ft x 4ft fiberglass, 800# cap, with 3 bad motors:lol:. I added a 6hp merc, fishfinder, etc. It works great and it gets me on the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Troutski

Troutski

Sweet...

Sweet...

Well you have to start some place and I did tonight. I picked this little boat up. It will serve its purpose for me now. The boat is a 1885 Sorenson 10' long 5' wide. The motor a 6hp evinrude 1975. Nice and clean. What do you think. take care

A magic carpet is just that, Magic:dance: Congratulations on your first craft, I still remember mine. Take care and I recommend taking the Oregon Boaters Card thing..you don't need it due to your motor size but the information is paramount in knowing what everyone knows. The rules of the road so to speak, have fun and try to stop smiling:cool:.

Chuck

K

koboabe

Congrats on the new vessel.
I like those Multi hull boats. they are really stable

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Congatulations on your first boat. It is very similar to a "Livingston" which is a very stable craft. The best advise you have already recieved and that's get your boater card just so you'll have the knowledge to be a safe boater. It easy to get and you can do it online. Then if you ever increase the size of you boat and horsepower you will be ahead of the game.