My First Bass of The Year!

T
TTFishon
Me and FP hit the water yesterday at daylight. I had one hit about three casts in then went about an hour and bam!!! About a three pound fatty. FP has the pics on his camera and his computer's in the shop. We fished for a couple more hours with no more action as we felt the temperature drop then headed home around 11:30.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good job dude. Im gonna start fishing for bass this year. Might even try smoked bass, from hyatt lake.

Post up the picture when u get it :)

B
bigsteel
way to go TT,,,i can't wait for spring

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice man! I need to get out and do some bassing this year. We should hit something when the water warms up a bit.

N
nwkiller
tt whered u get the bass on, pm me if you want, largemouth or small? i know some dope bass spots got a 23" 6.5 #er round mayish last year can't wait for spring...not to mention the smallies on the "qua"

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Thanks guys. We fished Delta Ponds in Eugene. I'm looking forward to spring too. I think it's gonna be a good year. Thuggin, I'll take you up on that one.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nicely done TT! Just shows persistence pays OFF. I have been picking up all sorts of bass gear and really want to try to get them intentionally,rather than by accident. I've gotten half a dozen of them down at the Jefferson rest area,all by accident. Last year,Troutski organized a bass get together on Delta Ponds with some success,although I didn't make it I am going to set aside time to get there this year.

T
TTFishon
Well if it's on a weekend I'll be there too. Either by accident or on purpose they are fun to catch.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Dang I almost fished delta the other day with FinneousPolebender. If you go again soon man let me know. I went last year but didn't find my way to the back 9 which I guess is where it's at.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Hmm I'll stick with FP too. I don't think I spelled it right.

T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
Dang I almost fished delta the other day with FinneousPolebender. If you go again soon man let me know. I went last year but didn't find my way to the back 9 which I guess is where it's at.

I plan on going back soon. I'll let you know when too.

N
nwkiller
delta is a fun spot for large mouth, and the best news is if nothing is happening that day, there is a few great spots on the willamete yards away, nice job on the bass..ill probably start targeting largemouth and smallmouth late april

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I can't wait for the summer to actually get here at which point I can start to frequent my pseudo-summer homes on the Umpqua - Areas 1, 2 and 3 that I use for camping on the river ahah. I Love the smallie fishing there!! [/end hijak]

N
nwkiller
oooohhhhhyyyyyaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

T
TTFishon
I'm looking forward to summer too. I want to hit up the Umpqua also and try out my new toon. So many places, so little time!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
What kind of toon you get?

T
TTFishon
The Creek Compant Classic. Nothing special. FP hooked me up with a half off internet sale. I couldn't pass up a decent toon for $185 bones.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oh yeah dude. That's a good deal! Might want to consider some Oar-Rites. Well worth your money if you plan on hitting any rivers.

Also, invest in a spare set of locks. If you're ever in a situation where you really need to be reafing on the sticks you'd be surprised how easily they can snap, and if they ever do you are HOSED. Mainly because you are still in the situation that broke them in the first place.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
Oh yeah dude. That's a good deal! Might want to consider some Oar-Rites. Well worth your money if you plan on hitting any rivers.

Also, invest in a spare set of locks. If you're ever in a situation where you really need to be reafing on the sticks you'd be surprised how easily they can snap, and if they ever do you are HOSED. Mainly because you are still in the situation that broke them in the first place.

That's funny you'd mention that. Last year I was with FP, using one of his toons, on a Mckenzie float and that very thing happend to me. I was trying desperatly to get to the boat ramp and that's when it happened. FP had to rescue me because one oar just wasn't cuttin it. lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
That's funny you'd mention that. Last year I was with FP, using one of his toons, on a Mckenzie float and that very thing happend to me. I was trying desperatly to get to the boat ramp and that's when it happened. FP had to rescue me because one oar just wasn't cuttin it. lol

Yeah haha have you ever read my story about breaking one in the bay after dark? Lesson learned: Don't just have them, have them handy! Don't you just love that moment right after you break it and you're just kinda sitting there staring at the place the lock is supposed to be just like what the hell!?!?

Last edited: