My first attempt

A
adambomb
I decided to try my hand at spinner making, and here's what I have so far. All of these started as raw unfinished titanium. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to make a perfectly balanced spinner. The willow leaf's are 4 1/5's and the colorado's are 5's, and the little ones of each are 2's.

T
TTFishon
Looking good for a first attempt.

A
autofisher
adambomb said:
I decided to try my hand at spinner making, and here's what I have so far. All of these started as raw unfinished titanium. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to make a perfectly balanced spinner. The willow leaf's are 4 1/5's and the colorado's are 5's, and the little ones of each are 2's.

OK ummm so when we hittin the water together again? Those things are sexy! I see a couple that I would looooooove to throw out there.

T
Thuggin4Life
Those are looking good.

A
adambomb
Thanks guys! Now all I need is to find a UV clear coat. Getting the balance just right is going to be a little tricky because titanium weighs about half what steel does, and about 1/3 of brass.

B
beaverfan
adambomb said:
Thanks guys! Now all I need is to find a UV clear coat. Getting the balance just right is going to be a little tricky because titanium weighs about half what steel does, and about 1/3 of brass.

Check out Jann's Netcraft they have what you need!

D
DirectDrive
Very nice.
Titanium....hmmm.
That could give you an edge. I'm sure it makes a different tone than brass.

Tone?
Why yes, I firmly believe that this element is key in drawing strikes. The Blue Fox makes a living on this feature.
For this reason I never, ever use tape on my spinner blades. Tape muffles the "ting".

Any French blades available in titanium ?

A
adambomb
I have not found any french blades yet, the ones I did find took some considerable searching. I imagine that it will produce a higher pitched tone compared to brass or nickel. I'm still working on acquiring some titanium body components.

T
Troutier Bassier
I love those Willow Leaf blades. They fish deeper then Colorados. Nice

F
FishFinger
DirectDrive said:
Very nice.
Titanium....hmmm.
That could give you an edge. I'm sure it makes a different tone than brass.

Tone?
Why yes, I firmly believe that this element is key in drawing strikes. The Blue Fox makes a living on this feature.
For this reason I never, ever use tape on my spinner blades. Tape muffles the "ting".

Any French blades available in titanium ?

DD thanks for bridging to the relevance of titanium. I haven't seen or used them to date. They look a lot like nickel, I figured maybe there wouldn't be much difference.

However, beyond the cavitation aspect I'm sure tone plays a part. I am "all ears" to hearing more. Tuning, or so it seems; may occur on several levels.

A
adambomb
A little old, a little new...

A little old, a little new...

I made these up today, as you can see they aren't "twisted". I am using nitinol wire which is almost impossible to bend into a fixed shape. I tried making loops, and it is doable, but is very difficult. The end result is a spinner shaft that is perfectly straight, and will stay that way. I recycled some old spinners and a couple old wedding ring trolling rigs to come up with the body pieces. I have yet to hook-up with one of my creations, but as soon as I do, I will let you all know how they hold up.:cool:

F
fishcreekspinners
Pretty cool, those should ring the dinner bell.

B
bigsteel
those look great bro!!!!!!!!!it could be the molalla marauder:lol:

A
adambomb
bigsteel said:
those look great bro!!!!!!!!!it could be the molalla marauder:lol:

I like the sound of that! I think thats what I'll call the first one to land a fish