My fiances early Christmas gift

M
mrlindeman
I got her a fly fishing outfit :) Rod reel wff 6 w line and she got a vest and some tools too. She loves it!! We are going to Walter Wirth right now. If anyone is out there look for the guy and gal fly casting! :))))

karensflyrod.png

Its just a starter rod but it casts very decent

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Very neat! Got pics?

M
mrlindeman
Not yet. We skunked but I shot some vid of me instructing her using the hat cam. she got a bite from a brood stock that was right there off the bank and he spit the fly. We got to see him though and he was definatly over 16 inches. I will put pics and video up tomorrow I promise :)

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
I was wondering if anyone went and / or got anything there today.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thats cool man,way to get your lady into fly fishing!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Mr. L, I like your style. If you get her hooked on fishin' early in the game; you'll be able to go fishing anytime you want! RIGHT ON! :cool::cool::cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah you are lucky..my woman hates fishing.. x_X

D
Drew9870
brandon4455 said:
yeah you are lucky..my woman hates fishing.. x_X

Lol, wait until you find one that does, she will outfish you most of the time. Buddy, explain..... :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
well,it;'s not like ill leave her just because thats one difference between us. on the 26th of thid month we have been together for a year.. but it is tough when i want to go fishing..

D
Drew9870
Sorry, I misread your post, it wasn't mean't to sound like that, lol.

brandon4455
brandon4455
it's fine bro :)

M
mrlindeman
It is true folks. Y gotta watch out. Once you get a woman that loves to fish as well chances are she wi be the one getting bites. Last night at wirth there were only a few people. her first time fly casting and she gets 2 bites. I got nill. lol SHe usually out fishes me every trip though lol. But I usually get the bigger sized fish.

brandon4455
brandon4455
haha. well, i think ill teach her..she dosen't have he patience and has a bad back so fihing isn't fun when se is in pain. you should maker a vid next ime you take your woman so we can see her skunk
you LOL

C
ChezJfrey
mrlindeman said:
I got her a fly fishing outfit :) Rod reel wff 6 w line and she got a vest and some tools too. She loves it!! We are going to Walter Wirth right now. If anyone is out there look for the guy and gal fly casting! :))))

Nice! I've feigned threats of buying my wife a fly outfit out of jest...the classic, "husband buys wife what HE wants, rather than what SHE wants."

I know she wouldn't appreciate it, so I'm not clueless enough to actually do it; though it's an excellent idea for a woman that is indeed interested in the endeavor. It's great that you both can share in a neat, shared activity.

As for me, I'll do OK in my gift giving as long as I can continue to tell the difference between Tokidoki and Kabuto ;)

Last edited:
P
ppwazzup
My wife doesn't like fishing either. She has gone with me once and that was because I kinda guilted her into it LOL. We actually share very few interests and yet we just had our 10th anniversary. Go figure LOL. Glad to hear that yours likes going with you. Your a lucky man LOL.

Matt

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
well,it;'s not like ill leave her just because thats one difference between us. on the 26th of thid month we have been together for a year.. but it is tough when i want to go fishing..

Me confused....you said your woman was your rod and reel....hehe....just sayin

Editing post: hehe...thats what you get for not paying attention to details......this is an old thread...sorry Brandon....it is your rod and reel. :lol::lol:

why do women get to shop and guys can't fish? I hate shopping....I like fishing

Last edited: