My favorite soft plastics are on sale right now

bass
bass
Discount Tackle (local mail order based in Wilsonville) has Zman stuff on sale for 30% off right now. I am not associated with Discount Tackle or Zman in any way shape or form other than being a happy customer of both.

I use the Zman TRD on my Ned rigs and the Zman Trick ShotZ on my drop shot. Just thought folks might want to know. I sent in a big re-stock order last night :)

Reactions: freednog and Snopro
S
Snopro
bass said:
Discount Tackle (local mail order based in Wilsonville)...
I didn't realize they were located in Wilsonville. Cool.

Along with the great baits Bass mentioned they also produce many versions of the Chatterbait. It's my 1st pick when power fishing in less than 10 feet of water. I've gained a ton of confidence in this bait during the last two seasons.

BTW, don't store Zman plastics in contact with other plastics. They won't play well. ;)

Reactions: Cooper and bass
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
Thanks for the heads up!

bass
bass
Snopro said:
I didn't realize they were located in Wilsonville. Cool.

Along with the great baits Bass mentioned they also produce many versions of the Chatterbait. It's my 1st pick when power fishing in less than 10 feet of water. I've gained a ton of confidence in this bait during the last two seasons.

BTW, don't store Zman plastics in contact with other plastics. They won't play well. ;)

Good to know about not mixing with other plastics. I will keep my eye on that!

I have only caught two bass on a chatterbait but I have to admit I have rarely thrown them. I know several people who really like them and they are definitely a popular search bait on Major League Fishing. I need to tie one on a rod and not take it off not matter what. I have a couple of brownish ones and a couple of whitish ones. The two fish I did catch came on a brown one.

@Snopro , do you fish them in the Columbia? I think of them as being a bait to throw around weeds and I have not had much success around weedbeds in the Willamette (nor in the Columbia on my only 2 trips). Once again I have read about people saying the weedlines on the Columbia are good but I have not spent enough time on the big C to make a judgement. I have not had much success around them (except for small bass) on the Willamette.

In NC and PA those weedbeds would definitely be money.

------

You're welcome @fromthelogo ! I love Zman stuff and I knew others on here did as well.

S
Snopro
I do fish them in the Columbia. Most models work best in 10 feet of water or less so there are definitely times of year (and day) when they work better. Weed beds in the fall can be lights out. If you're heading out East again I can give you a good location to try.

Thanks again for the heads up on the sale. Hint to everyone, there is a lot more on sale than just Zman. Good deals.

Reactions: bass
bass
bass
Thanks @Snopro! I should have said that there is more than just Zman stuff on sale!

I will have to keep trying the vibrating jigs. I think my hangup is that I have a lot of baits that work well in <10' of water. It is hard to set aside proven (to me) winners to fish something brand new. I just need to suck it up.

I will ping you next time I head out East. I have a handful of spots that look good based on Google maps, Navionics and Youtube videos. I have not spent much time in the gorge in person but my computer goes there a lot :)

fromthelogo
fromthelogo
I am finding that I am enjoying learning new techniques to catch fish more than just focusing on catching the most fish. However, at some point in the day, if the new techniques haven’t produced anything, I will break out the Ned rig or drop shot.

Reactions: bass
S
SpittingVenom
Wish I had waited a bit, most of the soft plastics I picked up were already so cheap that I didn't bother waiting for a sale.