My favorite kind of day...

A
adambomb
Today I got the opportunity to explore some new water on my favorite river, the Molalla. About 11'oclock as the clouds burned off I was fishing near the mouth of Milk creek, when I heard something behind me. I turned around and there was the meanest looking billy goat I have ever seen. He was at least 150lbs, and probably 40yds away. I continued to fish, checking over my shoulder between casts. He slowly started my way, so I slowly started going the other way. I quickly realized that he wanted some of me. I didn't know if he just wanted his ears rubbed or if he was planning on ramming me into next Tuesday, but I was not going to hang around to find out. As he closed the distance, I reached for my pistol. The though crossed my mind "should I stand my ground?" I decided that standing my ground might be just what he wanted. Pistol in hand, and safety OFF, I continued upstream along the shoreline until I could make my way out into the river. I didn't stop to take the pic until I had safely crossed. No steelhead today, but I did land a couple of nice cutthroat. Oh, and I finally made it to the mouth of Milk creek.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Nice pics, looks like my kind of water!!

A
adambomb
steelhead_stalkers said:
Nice pics, looks like my kind of water!!

Funny you should say that, I fished your nightmare jig in that area. I thought that because the sun had just broken through the clouds that a darker jig would be better. Also, I thought that there might be some fish holding under the logs but, I didn't find any:( I tossed a spinner in Milk creek and landed a nice little trout

T
Thuggin4Life
Cool man a day outdoors is a good day!

B
bigsteel
looks like a great day,,,and perfect water.....

S
steelhead_stalkers
Very good choice, I would have done the exact same thing! ;) If they were there you would have got em. :D