My brothers first carp

M
Moe
Well, went out to the pond again today and managed around 46 carp. took some pics. Enjoy:cool::dance:
P.S. it was my bros first fish other than trout at Horning Hideout. And it was his birthday so I let him catch the bigones:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin
Admin
You are becoming a pro! :clap:

B
bigsteel
way to go moe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!very good big brother to get him into fish:clap::clap::clap:

T
TTFishon
Nice job!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
That is so cool of you to let your lil bro do the catching on his birthday! :D Good for both of you! :clap: :clap:

N
nwkiller
nice job littleman, way to get the family in on it!!!!

D
Drew9870
Nice Job, I didn't catch my first Carp until I was pretty much 18 (early last year).

46 CARP!!!??? OMG, consider yourself lucky to have an area like that, 6 Carp is considered a good day for me, but the smallest is no less than 12lbs. What pond is that? Murray Hill? I have it in my GPS as a place to try this summer, along with plenty others up that way, I do a lot of searching on google maps. I'll make an attempt to get up that way soon, and show you the best ways for carp. Obviously you already found out a good technique for that pond, but I bet you will possibly up the weight of the fish if I can get out there sometime, the bigger carp will usually bite your bait very lightly and won't run with it.

Last edited:
M
Moe
Yeah the carp are small and when they get it, they run with it knocking the rod down and almost dragging it into the water. I am going to make some boilies tonight and see if the big ones like those. When ever you are in beaverton we can fish bethany, commonwealth, or murray hill pond together, just shoot me a P.M.

D
Drew9870
Boilies are meant for a specific type of rig, they are wayyyyyy too hard to be threaded directly on a hook. You have to have knowledge in Proteins, Amino Acids, and Nutrients to make a successful Boilie. I have done lots of experimenting with them, and getting the hardness and digestibility just right is another pain of its own.

Dont waste the ingredients, or plug the fish up handing them out. Use White Bread.

T
Troutier Bassier
agreed. use bread balll boilies or buy them online.

G
gibson
lol i saw you guys!!!

lol i saw you guys!!!

lol i was at the pond when you guys were there and came over when you had two carp in a bucket. i was with the blonde boy and the woman with the two small dogs fishing the other side of the pond. oh if you do catch fish at commenwealth can you tell me what you caught and what you were using and the rig you used please? thanks