My biggest steel on the Rouge River so far

T
the salmon kid
got a 13lb summer buck on a stonefly yesterday and my friend got his first winter steely about 7lbs

• big one.jpg
  • buds winter.jpg
S
Seahawkfan
Nice job guys.

O
oregon30
ive been using roe, corkies. spin n glo, and nothings working

T
the salmon kid
these are what i use

these are what i use

i use 3 flys total on one line,under an adjust-a-bubble.about 6ft leader total 3ft from bober to first fly ,.,flys spaced 12 in apart 1st is an weighted ugly bug then a weighted stone fly ,then either a nymph or an egg pattern for the bottom

most guys that fish the rogue are really guarded about there tackle and spots and if you ask them at the river they will tell you to use the exact opposite of what works cause they believe that youl catch the fish and not them .,im shure there is a few members here on off that are gona hate on me for showing you but i believe that everyone should have a fair chance to catch these beautiful fish and not just a select few.who believe that they are entitled to them , ive ran into quite a few people who tried to give me misleading information,., not knowing that ive been fishing that river since i was 5 years old and seen countless people fishing bass tackle or power-bait and other ridiculous rigs and tackle setups that someone els on the river told them to use so be careful who you get your info from,., if you need any advice just let me know and i will help you out.,, i get a the most satisfaction out of a days fishing if i can at least teach 1 person how to catch salmon and steelhead., my name is chad Mcpherson and you can find me on face book and youtube,. or look for the jeep

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
Rogue...

T
the salmon kid
ya i fish the Rogue river,. mainly the upper portion from Tueville park up to Cole rivers hatchery