My biggest perch yet!

S
sportsmanlio
Following colbypearson's advice for catching big perch, my brother and I geared up and headed out past Lakeview. We caught 6 or 8 fish apiece, but they were all pretty nice. I landed 4 yellow perch in the 1/3-3/4 lb range, 2 bluegills over half a pound, and two little bass around 1 pound each.

The top catch of the day was a 12" 0.75 lb yellow perch. I was hoping for a perch over a pound, but this still broke my previous record by about 0.2 lbs, so I wasn't complaining.

The lake has way more water than usual, so the shoreline is basically unfishable due to the grass that extends out about 15 feet. That is usually dry land. Anyways, we fished from the docks and did all right.

Attached are some pictures.

T
tengu
Well done, looks like a fun trip.

F
Fish-N-Chips
That IS a huge perch. I love the colors. It looks like a tropical fish you might find in an aquarium!! Great job!

M
mahmichael
Nice feeshes, ;)
What did you use to catch them?!!

S
sportsmanlio
Thanks everyone! I love perch because they are pretty fish that taste better than any other white meat fish (in my opinion). We caught some of them on a crappie jig tipped with worm, but I caught the bruiser on a big plastic meant for bass. Though I was targeting the big ones, I was shocked when I saw it.

The 1/2 pound bluegills fought the best of anything, though--even better than the bass twice their size.

Reactions: mahmichael
C
colbypearson
Stay on that roll bro!, you might bust a perch over 2lbs if you keep at it like that!

S
sportsmanlio
Thanks man! I think there is a chance. I have a friend who just got a boat, and we were gonna try to get out there next week. Even a one-pounder would be awesome, but a two-pounder is a real possibility, I think. Thanks again for the help!