Munsel Lake

B
Banjo
Going to take advantage of tomorrows clear weather and try a little trolling on Munsel...I'll let you know how I do...unless I do really really well...then you may never hear from me again.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck!

B
Banjo
Munsel Lake

The fishing was pretty slow and mostly cold yesterday.
We managed to get 8 all together with a few decent size fish.

My buddy Swezey caught the fish of the day when he tied into this 17in cutthroat. (It's a big fish, he just makes it look small because he's a Big Guy, dressed in a lot of layers.

Swezeywith17inchcutjan272010.jpg

The fishes bellies were full of snails but we had the best results fishing close to the surface.

Only caught 1 small chinook, the rest were cuts and some rainbows. They seemed to start feeding around 2pm. At least that's when we started catching most of our fish

T
TTFishon
Sounds like a great day. That's a nice looking trout but it looks like a rainbow to me.

B
Banjo
It's a cut

It's a cut

TTFishon said:
Sounds like a great day. That's a nice looking trout but it looks like a rainbow to me.

He's got his thumb over the red slash on the gill.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice souns like you guys had fun.

T
TTFishon
Banjo said:
He's got his thumb over the red slash on the gill.

Maybe it's one of those cuttbows.

troutdude
troutdude
It looks like a 'bow to me as well. I'd lean towards a cutbow too, since it has the throat slash.

At any rate, I'll bet it was mighty fine dinner fare!:cool: [not to mention fun to reel in]:dance:

P.S. GREAT PIC!

P
PV BEST
Hey Banjo! Did your wife catch the one in the picture again. Sweze told me about him catching the big one again. See you one of these days. PV Best

T
troutjunkie88
Heading out to lake munsel to troll saturday morning. going to be using my friends rowboat with a tiny car battery powered motor. Was there a few weeks ago and trolled with flashers and a worm...only had two bites, one landed about 16-17". Anyone else used any more productive methods. I read banjo's post, kastmasters eh??

T
Thuggin4Life
If the flasher/worm doesn't work try trolling spinners and spoons. Good luck.

Troutski
Troutski
Don't over look the Fresh Water Perch in Munsel.....a real Hoot. Great lake, lots of little coves and structure...tight lines.

Chuck

Last edited:
T
troutjunkie88
Never fished perch, bobber and something stinky?

T
Thuggin4Life
go to siltcoos and troll your salmon gear and you are sure to hook into some perch. I seen guys use jigs for them. looked like crappie jigs.

T
troutjunkie88
ill be using my buddies boat which is at his parents house on munsel, dont have a trailer so ill be fishing there all weekend

T
Thuggin4Life
sorry that was a joke. the jigs part wasn't.

T
troutjunkie88
Ha gotcha...any difference in trolling speeds when trolling for kokes. think i caught one of those last time going pretty slow, though you usually want to be faster and deeper

T
Thuggin4Life
I got a few while fishing for rainbows last time i was there and they only time i ever went trolling for kokes we did it at the same speed we did for trout.

T
troutjunkie88
Ok thanks for the input. Im guessing your hotspot was near that long dock by the outlet? thats where i have produced the most in the past couple years

N
nwkiller
me and my friends were kiling them on roe under a bobber and any lure in gold! good luck