Munsel Lake

T

troutjunkie88

Heading out to lake munsel to troll saturday morning. going to be using my friends rowboat with a tiny car battery powered motor. Was there a few weeks ago and trolled with flashers and a worm...only had two bites, one landed about 16-17". Anyone else used any more productive methods. I read banjo's post, kastmasters eh??

T

Thuggin4Life

If the flasher/worm doesn't work try trolling spinners and spoons. Good luck.

Troutski

Troutski

Don't over look the Fresh Water Perch in Munsel.....a real Hoot. Great lake, lots of little coves and structure...tight lines.

Chuck

Last edited:
T

troutjunkie88

Never fished perch, bobber and something stinky?

T

Thuggin4Life

go to siltcoos and troll your salmon gear and you are sure to hook into some perch. I seen guys use jigs for them. looked like crappie jigs.

T

troutjunkie88

ill be using my buddies boat which is at his parents house on munsel, dont have a trailer so ill be fishing there all weekend

T

troutjunkie88

Ha gotcha...any difference in trolling speeds when trolling for kokes. think i caught one of those last time going pretty slow, though you usually want to be faster and deeper

T

Thuggin4Life

I got a few while fishing for rainbows last time i was there and they only time i ever went trolling for kokes we did it at the same speed we did for trout.

T

troutjunkie88

Ok thanks for the input. Im guessing your hotspot was near that long dock by the outlet? thats where i have produced the most in the past couple years

N

nwkiller

me and my friends were kiling them on roe under a bobber and any lure in gold! good luck

T

troutjunkie88

Hit munsel today at dawn and trolled for a couple hours with one bite. Got back to the dock and the flashers were sitting off the end of the boat and started knocking. perch at the door. started fishing for them off the dock with a work and a couple split shots, 15 minutes later we had C&Red 20 perch and bagged 4 rainbows about 14-15". water was nice today but i forgot my fly box so couldnt toss any at them.

G

grampa ron

They might have been silvers. It does have an outlet to the ocean.

T

troutjunkie88

Yea i know, but I think these were bows. Im pretty sure the lunker I caught last time I was there was a coho koke

Top Bottom