Multnomah Falls, Oneonta Falls closed?!

Hi guys,

A transplant Oregonian here! I left Oregon to California for "better" job opportunities :)sad:). I miss fishing everyday!

Anyways, I'm bringing some of my friends up for 5 days. I just noticed that the area around Multnomah falls and Oneonta falls are closed! Is that for real? Is Multnma falls trail really closed? Is there a way around this?

Please respond! I really want to take my friends to these falls and trails! :(

Best
Mike

troutdude

Hi Mike; it's great to see you back on the forum! C-Run hit the nail, on the head. Much of that area, is strictly OFF limits. I'd probably contact the Oregon Department of Forestry, for more details (or to get a referral, if they don't know). Good luck buddy.

If you want to see falls there are plenty of beauties.Salt creek is second behind Multnomah in height and is beautiful There are several along the Umpqua down from Diamond lake also!

troutdude;n612853 said:
Hi Mike; it's great to see you back on the forum! C-Run hit the nail, on the head. Much of that area, is strictly OFF limits. I'd probably contact the Oregon Department of Forestry, for more details (or to get a referral, if they don't know). Good luck buddy.
Thanks for the info. We ended up going to Multnomah and a few other beautiful falls! My friend proposed to his girlfriend on Multnomah Bridge! Another great memory added in Oregon! I'm back in LA now! :frown: