Multnomah Channel still producing

J
just1nook
Well I gues the drop in water temp has put the bite back on near Coon Island. This little hen liked my cut plug with red flasher at first light. They're still comin!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice!

S
steelheadstalker31
Sweet, nice to see some more chrome

F
fishwithdynamite
Definitely a nice chromer! :cool:

B
bigdog
Nice looking hen.

C
Cohosanders
:cool::cool::cool:Turn out the lights that thing is bright:clap::clap::clap: Nice looking hen:D

D
dude young
Very Nice! Can't wait to get the boat back in the water. Been in dry dock a few days, but, soon...

Hit OC yesterday with a buddy. 0 for 5 takedowns. Short strikes on bait. Wham! Gone! Just like that. Weird. Finally stuck #5 and lost it at the boat. The fish swam right to the transom, then, up! Jumped to eye level, right in front of me. Shoulda just grabbed it, but decided to shake it free via bad netting practices. Nice Summer.

Oh yeah, there are fish in the river and more to come. I've yet to fish the way-lower river, but now that I know there are more coming in, I am on my way. Any tips?

J
just1nook
Oh yeah, there are fish in the river and more to come. I've yet to fish the way-lower river, but now that I know there are more coming in, I am on my way. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

Let's see, Launch at Gilbert River ramp, head up channel past coon island, troll back to the ramp, repeat. Usually bite is better early. Cut plug on the bottom, around 6 oz lead.

S
Swamp Puppy
Don't overlook the lower end of the MC either... Trolling spinners or anchoring up with spinners/flatfish has been working well down around 6 recently. (look for the half sunk boathouse) The bite had been around either first light or last light. not sure what is going on right now. Trolling herring has also (always) been productive, but the hardware has been doing pretty good lately as well.

Nice fish 'Nook.