Mt Hood flyfishing and camping???

B
brookie47
I`m taking my family camping next week and want to find a Lake we can catch some trout and have a nice place to camp. Any ideas or current fishing reports???

I was thinking of Shining lake or possibly Harriet. I`ve fished all the larger lakes and want to try a smaller one.

O
OnTheFly
brookie47 said:
I`m taking my family camping next week and want to find a Lake we can catch some trout and have a nice place to camp. Any ideas or current fishing reports???

I was thinking of Shining lake or possibly Harriet. I`ve fished all the larger lakes and want to try a smaller one.

Harriet would be a better choice. Shinning is extremely hard to get to now that it is a wilderness area. Mountain bikes or walk in only. Drive in 4 mi. of really nasty rocky road, 3.5 miles from roads end with bikes then 1/3 mile walk down to the lake.

B
beaverfan
I would drive the extra little bit to hit up Olallie and some of the other lakes around the area! Awesome fishing and even better scenery!

M
minnowmagnet
If you are going to fish Harriet, I would not recommend camping at the lake with your family. It is usually crowded this time of year and you might end up with neighbors you don't like. The lake gets a little boisterous at times. There is great camping nearby, however.
I camped on the upper Clackamas last weekend and my neighbors had more guns and ammo than a small militia. Even an assault-rifle. I thought I was in a Bosnian warzone. They quieted down at night and all was well. I caught and released a bunch of small brookies and cuts.

M
Markcanby
I have always like Hideaway Lake it very small but there is never anyone up there. Good back roads for bike riding an hiking up to the other Rock Lakes. The only down side is back fishing is pretty hard.

B
brookie47
Hideaway has been on list for years. Anyone know what kind of trout and current fishing report.

M
Markcanby
i know they have rainbows an brookies but I haven't made it up there in a while.