Mr. Roger....Siltcoos dam

K
kwikfisher
Is there an online resource to find out the status of the dam being open or closed?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Nope.

but I have a PayPal account, perhaps I should start a subscription service, check it each morning and send an e-mail/text message to,,naw, that sounds like work...

K
kwikfisher
How about making the effort just because it would be the proper thing to do? Just kidding dude....

K
kwikfisher
Something of interest concerning the dam. The private company that owns the dam, contiguous land, and infrastructure, has the property for sale. 5 million gets you 450acres, milling operation, the dam, 15 million gallons of water a day raparian rights, 3 miles of railroad, spur.
This might explain the possibly lackadaisical operation of the water flow?

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Do they have layaway?

E
eugene1
kwikfisher said:
Something of interest concerning the dam. The private company that owns the dam, contiguous land, and infrastructure, has the property for sale. 5 million gets you 450acres, milling operation, the dam, 15 million gallons of water a day raparian rights, 3 miles of railroad, spur.
This might explain the possibly lackadaisical operation of the water flow?

Interesting! Anybody want to do a split?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Interesting! Anybody want to do a split?

sure, put me down for $20...LOL

jamisonace
jamisonace
That should get you about 15 seconds to control the flows per decade. :)

rogerdodger said:
sure, put me down for $20...LOL

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
kwikfisher said:
How about making the effort just because it would be the proper thing to do? Just kidding dude....

truth is, my almost daily reports are in part because my dog just loves taking a ride to the Lodgepole Picnic Area (where I check the water flow/fish activity below the dam). Not that she cares about seeing the coho jumping, oh no, she just loves making a giant 'sculpture' on the grass there, just so I get to clean it up...LOL

C
CoastieFlo
As I posted before, check with the The Sportsman, they almost always know when its open or not.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Ir opened this afternoon!:harhar: