MORE TO COME My way of fishing

Casting Call
Casting Call
This next technique is dedicated to natural baits. For example, sake surf pier/ perch in this technique. I will take a coffee can down to the tide pool the day before and collect the smallest rock crab I can find; I prefer 1" or less that will be fished high slack the next day. I icepick the top shell couple, three times just to let membrane leech out along with the inner juices. (I saw a perch 3# or better picking at a crab on its shell that was eat barnacles on piling at subwater level) The membrane/snot can be peeled off of the inner shell and sliced/hook bait of larger rock crab. There is no hesitation for any fish not to slam the hook, it's a one-shot/bite so be ready to set the hook. it's all natural to them. another natural bait is the barnacles 4lb test mono no wt. natural drift or drop most strikes will occur as soon as the barnacles go out of sight, swallowed hole. don't forget sand crabs and check the stomach of your last local catch. Next-up will be all trout/steelhead natural baits. MORE TO COME. Tony

Reactions: troutdude and Eazy-E
Artwo
Artwo
As a kid, we use to use periwinkles to catch trout. We would remove the grub from it's rocky shell and dead drift them. Caught a lot of fish using that method......

Reactions: Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call
I did the same. One and done (one bite strike) fish go nuts for the real meal deal. Tony

Last edited: