More salmon fun

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thought I was done but since the sled is in the shop and I saw some salmon numbers that looked good I figured I might as well venture out. We managed 4 keepers and one bruiser wild hen. She didn't get a photo op but she absolutely destroyed me during the fight. My arm was on fire and I could barely row after she was done with me.

Friday morning I fished alone. Put my line in the water at 4:32 a.m. and got bit at 4:33. It greased me without getting hooked at all so I rebaited and let the line out to the exact same spot and immediately hooked up. Fished the same spot for another 30 minutes before I moved to the next hole. 10 minutes there and I had my limit. I had to take a picture of my fish (in the bag) so I could wake up a few friends with a text of my early limit.

Saturday I took a couple friends and it took a lot longer to get two fish but we lost more than we kept and didn't connect on at least 4 plug take downs.

Fish cut great and I'm looking forward to celebrating the independence of the greatest country that ever existed on God's earth with some grilled spring salmon.

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude, Chromatose, bd2cool and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Even the smokers aren't too bad.

Reactions: Admin and bd2cool