diamondtogood.jpg

photob.jpg

61209.jpg

Pictures-19.jpg

1245567407.jpg

1245567403.jpg

1245648111.jpg

1245643784.jpg

Im moving to portland in two monthes and wonderin if anyone has any info from around that area

i caught all these fish on a male mattlures bluegill

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice freakin' fish man! :clap::clap: Where did all those beauties come from? They look healthy as can be, great coloration. As far as bass around portland, somebody on this forum can/will guide you to some fish. I'm an hour and a half south of portland, and there's some really good bass to be had in the Salem/Albany area.

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF

Welcome to OFF

Great first post...wonderful pictures. Very nice Bass, as far as Portland for Bass; stay tuned for the rest of the membership. I live about 2 hours from Portland and can give you no information, but I am sure the others will. Again thanks for the post and welcome to the Site.

Chuck

C
catphish
Bass? Whats a bass? I havent seen one of those, since you caught all their family, they stopped biting, lol. Good lord, those are beauties. Where you landing those? out of state? oh, and welcome to the site. WE happy to have good anglers on here. Plethera of info on this forum.

I
indymusky
these bass are from diamond valley lake and dixon lake where that guy snagged a 25 pounder a couple years back. these are great lakes and im keeping my condo here just for that reason

T
Troutier Bassier
Ballenger Pond in Springfield or somwhere is where the Oregon record bass came from.

T
Thuggin4Life
Its a long drive from Portland to ballanger and ballanger isn't what it used to be.

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh, I dident know. Ive never been there but from what ive heard its great?

1bigfish
indymusky said:
Im moving to portland in two monthes and wonderin if anyone has any info from around that area

i caught all these fish on a male mattlures bluegill

Need more info to get you on the right body of water for you.

Are you wanting largemouth or smallies?
Are you wanting numbers or trophy size fish?
How far are you willing to travel?
Are you fishing from the bank, float tube, or a boat?
Do you want to fish a river or just lakes?

There are tons of places to fish for bass but just like Cali each place is differnt and the more info we have about what you are looking for the more likely are to get you to the right body of water.

For example I like to do most of my fishing close to home, I have a boat, I prefer smallies, and I don't mind the river. For those reasons I fish the Willamette River in Salem(the launch is less then 3 miles from my front door)
If I wanted largemouth, fished from a float tube, but still wanted to fish close to home I would fish the ponds in Minto Brown Park. You get the idea.

F
fishgriller
dude i am sooo freakin jealous i want to bass that big

I
indymusky
well if u ever have any questions or your in a slump send me a message

kidholiday
kidholiday
Those fish you caught bring back memories for great bass fishing in AZ. I miss that. You will find plenty of smallies on the Willamette and columbia but you are going to be hard pressed to find really large bass. The climate doesn't allow for it. Hagg lake does have the small mouth record for Oregon and it is only an hour or so west of Portland near Forest grove. Good luck when you get up here. I live just south in Wilsonville. Look me up when you get here.

Troutski
Troutski
Large Bucket mouths...

Large Bucket mouths...

kidholiday said:
Those fish you caught bring back memories for great bass fishing in AZ. I miss that. You will find plenty of smallies on the Willamette and columbia but you are going to be hard pressed to find really large bass. The climate doesn't allow for it. Hagg lake does have the small mouth record for Oregon and it is only an hour or so west of Portland near Forest grove. Good luck when you get up here. I live just south in Wilsonville. Look me up when you get here.

Central Oregon is the best place to find truly huge Large Mouth Bass, Crane along with Davis lakes are absolutely spectacular for these fish. If you have the chance during the months of July and August you owe it to your self to try these waters, the only thing better than catching a huge Large Mouth on a spinner bait is working a popper fly at Crane and landing a double digit fish using a fly rod...simply amazing fishing. Not to mention the Trout fishery at both lakes.....Just a thought.

Chuck

H
Hawk
those are som REEL Hawgs BRO................................:clap::clap::clap:.........................:D:D:D..................................:cool::cool::cool:

sounds like yer over by San Diego...

I
indymusky
haha good guess anything resembling a bluegill this time of year or whenever the bluegill spawn on your lake is a sure ticket