Molalla

V

Vectorpete

Joining some friends on the Upper Molalla this weekend. From what I read, the fish are small up there. Any reports/advice?

S

Sage_Flyguy

I have no reports to give , never fished it... But driven up around that area a few tmes and have been quite curious myself as to how the fishing would be.. so after you get back from your trip I would love to hear how you did and what you found to work the best..

Good luck and keep your lines tight
Jer

V

Vectorpete

I have no reports to give , never fished it... But driven up around that area a few tmes and have been quite curious myself as to how the fishing would be.. so after you get back from your trip I would love to hear how you did and what you found to work the best..

Jer
I'll give you a report on Monday. Where have you been fishing?

Tight Lines

S

Sage_Flyguy

I have literally just started fly fishing , a month ago I bought my first fly rod and reel Sage Flight 9' 5 wt with a Sage 1650 reel.... I have been out a few times.. upper callapooia , John Day for the small mouthes and been on the santiam... Upper calapooia I landed a bunch of real small redbands and a few cutthroats.. landed around 80 small mouths on the john day and I got skunked on the snatiam running dry flies... I am floating the santiam on friday and then Saturday morning I think I am going to head up to the Molalla river myself....

Get back to me and let me know if you are going to be around Saturday on the Molalla and where and I'll try and look you up

Jer

F

furflinger

Fishing the molalla

Fishing the molalla

Yah ill be up there this weekend also.Waters gettin a little warm and a bucket load of people,Best fishing right now is in the horse creek stretch upstream colder water less people. and they been nailing caddis pupae.I live on the molalla so im always up there,The fish arent the biggest but for what there worth they fight harder then a stocker, the biggest one this year was 16" and thats a whopper for this river, Good luck

F

fishy4

anyone have any luck up there. ive been trying to go up there. i havent gotten anything on a fly. or anything for that matter. is it better to stay down by freyer park? or should i be up higher?

V

Vectorpete

when I was there I was fishing drys and just nailing the little fish. Went way back there by the last bridge. Some nice little cliffs to jump off of also.

kirkster

kirkster

I have no idea. And it's gettin dark fast.
Joining some friends on the Upper Molalla this weekend. From what I read, the fish are small up there. Any reports/advice?

I do remember a while back I believe it was markcanby posted. Talking about catching some nice cutthroat in the molalla but he was fishing a lot lower like around the 211 bridge. Horse creek area is awesome water. Actualy its pretty good water all the way to Feyrer park. I grew up on the molalla river and learned to steelhead fish from Feyrer up to horse creek. Back when it had a hatchery run. But I would think if there are cuts in the lower river there should surely be some up high. Good luck