Molalla descent bank spots

M
metalmania
Anybody fish the molalla lately. Also, I've only fished there a few times, is there any descent bank spots?

A
adambomb
I fished the upper molalla on saturday. I didn't have any luck but that doesn't mean much, i am new at drift fishing. If you dont know the dickey prairie area, its full of great holes with easy access, and some fantastic ones not for the weak of heart. The water was a good level, and a little green, which i hear is good for salmon and steelies. My only suggestion would be to make sure you have a bobber with you because the river is so narrow in most spots its difficult to get a nice long drift. also bait seaon opened friday and goes through the middle of july, i think. best to check the regs

Last edited:
M
metalmania
Thanks for the info bro. I sorta know the dickey prarie area but i've only fished it a few times. I'm really lookin forward to some c@r steel:D.

O
osmosis
I hit it the other day when it was on the drop after that high water. landed two steelhead, one chinook, and a ton of nice 11-14" cutthroat and lost a couple others. All of 'em wild though..

Every fish came on a custom painted #4.

Last edited:
M
metalmania
osmosis said:
I hit it the other day when it was on the drop after that high water. landed two steelhead, one chinook, and a ton of nice 11-14" cutthroat and lost a couple others. All of 'em wild though..

Every fish came on a custom painted #4.

That sounds like a blast, and on spinners thats awesome. I can't wait to get out there and catch some chrome, even if it's c@r.

Y
youngbuck307
metalmania said:
That sounds like a blast, and on spinners thats awesome. I can't wait to get out there and catch some chrome, even if it's c@r.

Dude you know if you want some one to check out some new water im always up for a road trip!!!! I wish my car wasn't such a gas hoge Got to love old V8s!!!