Molalla River eagle

EOBOY
EOBOY
Went to check out the Molalla river today want to do some Bass fishing on it soon. As I was starting to leave I noticed an Eagle swooping down on the river and a splash. My first thought was he was trying to catch a fish but it was a pair of red Head Ducks. The Eagle kept swooping down from all directions and they kept diving and bobbing and weaving while paddling up stream. It seemed like the Ducks knew if they tried to take flight the Eagle would have them. The Ducks reach a rapid and had to walk fly up the rapids and the Eagle hovered above them like a Cat playing with a mouse. This drama played out up the river and out of site. A few moments later the Eagle came back down the river and landed in a tall Cotton wood tree about 300 yards up stream.........he didn't have a Duck. And people wonder why we fish. It was a good day. No fish but who cares!

EOBOY

Aervax
Aervax
That was my favorite post so far this year! That is the kind of thing that makes being in the outdoors magical.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
Went to check out the Molalla river today want to do some Bass fishing on it soon. As I was starting to leave I noticed an Eagle swooping down on the river and a splash. My first thought was he was trying to catch a fish but it was a pair of red Head Ducks. The Eagle kept swooping down from all directions and they kept diving and bobbing and weaving while paddling up stream. It seemed like the Ducks knew if they tried to take flight the Eagle would have them. The Ducks reach a rapid and had to walk fly up the rapids and the Eagle hovered above them like a Cat playing with a mouse. This drama played out up the river and out of site. A few moments later the Eagle came back down the river and landed in a tall Cotton wood tree about 300 yards up stream.........he didn't have a Duck. And people wonder why we fish. It was a good day. No fish but who cares!

EOBOY

ding ding ding

bass
bass
Thanks for sharing that adventure. Sounds like it was an awesome day on the water.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
I love that stretch of river so fishy looking.......sadly most of the time its pikeminnows if anything, my son did catch about a 5lb lg scale sucker a couple yrs ago it went safely on its way.

EOBOY
EOBOY
NWDiscer said:
I love that stretch of river so fishy looking.......sadly most of the time its pikeminnows if anything, my son did catch about a 5lb lg scale sucker a couple yrs ago it went safely on its way.

Discer have you ever fished the Pudding I've always heard it was a good Bass river.

EOBOY

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Nope the only places ive seen with access appear to be private land off of 99 and knights bridge. I will probably fish it this summer at Harefest concert which is being held at Pats Racing Acres instead of The Wild Hare here in town.