Mohawk for RogerDodger?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
big fish in the Slaw, bite is still hit and miss so no panic yet, it is still August..but...

is it time for RogerDodger to consider getting a mohawk for good luck? (following Keith and Freddies example on the Wizard).

or just need to get some new friends/herring on the boat? ;)

or relax until his son Paul arrives next week? (that would be Paul the "lucky lucky *******"...)

cheers and tight lines! roger

O
OnTheDrop
MOHAWK MOHAWK MOHAWK...

Need I say more?..

1 nut in the water
I vote for the mohawk.... Dyed pink

Markk
Markk
Too early for a mohawk. Maybe bite the head off a herring...just sayin

jhop111
jhop111
Mohawk but chartreuse. .and hammered brass earrings. I'll lend you mine.

T
troutmasta
rogerdodger said:
or just need to get some new friends/herring on the boat? ;)

cheers and tight lines! roger

On my way! (seriously)

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
:sad:

C_Run
C_Run
I've heard that biting the head off a herring can work, but you must believe.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
with Troutmasta and his wife on board (on an absolutely beautiful day), we got into a decent bite at high tide and saw about 5 boats (out of maybe 10 in the area) net fish in perhaps a 30min span. 2 guide boats in the area and neither hooked up. earlier we saw a nice coho caught, netted, roughly handled for several minutes, and 'released'...for coho to be wandering in this early there must be a huge number of them out in the ocean...cheers, roger

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
jhop111 said:
Mohawk but chartreuse. .and hammered brass earrings. I'll lend you mine.

Ha! That is hilarious. I've had back to back zero fish trips in Nehalem Bay, so maybe I'll break out some chartreuse hair paint and brass earrings. Then, if I douse myself with a fish-romantic body spray of WD-40, maybe the kings will love me again.

E
eugene1
rogerdodger said:
with Troutmasta and his wife on board (on an absolutely beautiful day), we got into a decent bite at high tide and saw about 5 boats (out of maybe 10 in the area) net fish in perhaps a 30min span. 2 guide boats in the area and neither hooked up. earlier we saw a nice coho caught, netted, roughly handled for several minutes, and 'released'...for coho to be wandering in this early there must be a huge number of them out in the ocean...cheers, roger

Sounds like some solid effort, but I can't advocate a mohawk! Sept.-Oct. should see a bunch more fish coming into the slaw compared to August. Did you guys check out that hole out along the South jetty at the jaws? That's where I would want to be early in the season.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
No Mohawk for me. And eggs for Troutmasta!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
8c49678af266648b7a8bfe33f829e486.jpg

T
troutmasta
Bingo!!! Nice job Rog!

S
Steel4life
congrats on the fish. i will be throwing spinners of the jetty this weekend for a few hours. i noticed no adipose fin. stray?

Reactions: rogerdodger
Markk
Markk
Yes!!

E
eugene1
Nice chromer, rog! About time.

T
troutmasta
rogerdodger said:
And eggs for Troutmasta!
Yess!

Are you sure your not going out this weekend??? I could drive down "to get my eggs"! :D

C
CoastalMoe
What a pretty fish... Nice job Roger...

C_Run
C_Run
Very nice.